Antz
Mark (Camel) + 1
Bernie (BJSTJ)
Warren (ARB87U)
Outback
Wolfe
VIN18U
And 1 from a phone message that I accidentally deleted last week :oops:

I'm going to limit the numbers at 15 so 1 spot left if all listed show up.

Any more, it's a great family trip and always good fun?

MEETING DETAILS:--

Meet at the twin service stations on the freeway at Wyong (North heading side) at 7:45am for an 8:00am departure. Next meet up is at the Lavis Lane service station at 9:30am so we can be on the beach by 10:00am.

REQUIREMENTS:--

Recovery points front and rear, snatch strap or two and a UHF radio. If you are missing any of this let me know and we can try and work something out.

OPTIONAL:--

Compressor, you can get air at the servo but no doubt it'll be busy so if you have a compressor brng it along to help save some time at the end of the day.
Something to slide down the dunes on, a bodyboad works really well :)

Looking at running a trip up to Stockton Beach on the 28/07/07

For those that haven't been before it makes for some very interesting driving and is great fun tackiling the dunes, totally different to any other sort of terrain. There's also plenty to see like the tank traps, the ship wreck, Silver city etc. Also some oppertunitys for some serious dune riding on the body boards.

Anyway, if your interested let me know and I'll lock it into the calendar.

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album369/aag.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
04-06-07, 03:34 PM
*Puts hand up*
And Antz needs to go to pull my fat azzz out of the soft stuff!!

Jumbo
04-06-07, 06:29 PM
Put me in the list for this one Steve,been a while since I've been up therein the Jeep. 8)

Steve F
04-06-07, 07:52 PM
Well it's on for sure now but I had to move the date to the 28th, have something on on the 21st.

Cheers
Steve

Antz
05-06-07, 10:09 AM
*Puts hand up*
And Antz needs to go to pull my fat azzz out of the soft stuff!!

:lol: I remember, that was the day I realised how light a TJ was compared to a WJ.

Put my name down too.

sir_camel
05-06-07, 02:34 PM
I am pretty keen as well. Add me to the list. Might be able to try out the new 'paddle tyres' on the sand! I'll need to leave no later than 3.30 or 4 though as i need to be back for Saturday night.

CDKJ
06-06-07, 07:58 PM
Put me down Steve, should be enough time for me to sought out my rim's by then.

BJsTJ
07-06-07, 05:10 PM
I'm coming

put my name down

Steve F
08-06-07, 03:52 PM
May even be a second ship wreck to see, although this is down the coast a little at Nobbys beach.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/06/08/beach1_wideweb__470x251,2.jpg

Cheers
Steve

arb87u
01-07-07, 10:47 PM
haven't been to stockton for awhile. At this stage i am in :)

Jaffas
03-07-07, 11:19 PM
Well, you won't be seeing a 2nd ship wreck anymore!

jeepthing
05-07-07, 05:45 PM
ill try and make it along, repairs to jeep pending. will be my first sjc trip and first to stockton!

Outback
05-07-07, 08:35 PM
Nada and I are up as is the snatch strap Warren!

arb87u
09-07-07, 09:03 PM
Make sure the heeps are nice and clean boys and girls :)

Luke from Raw Photography (Provides content to Jeep Action) will be on hand to take pictures.

arb87u
09-07-07, 09:11 PM
Nada and I are up as is the snatch strap Warren!

that's good, your poor lil kj is going to need it :twisted: :twisted:

Wolfe
10-07-07, 12:51 AM
i'll try to get there too. :D

Steve F
10-07-07, 07:31 AM
Well hopefully I can still make it :( Have a bad oil leak to fix and noiw the XJ is popping out of 4WD under load.

Anyway, still a couple of weeks to get it sorted so it should all be fine.

Cheers
Steve

VIN18U
10-07-07, 12:27 PM
put me in, should be a good day out!!!!

CDKJ
12-07-07, 08:16 PM
I'm going to limit the numbers at 15 so two spots left if all listed show up.

I've got to pull out, so you can up that to 3 spots Steve.

Thanks
Chris

stevet
17-07-07, 04:04 PM
Hi Steve,
I will be attending if the Menai clean-up is cancelled again. :o
Stephen T.

Will2003tj
20-07-07, 03:53 PM
Hey guys

I just joined up (some of you may have seen my thread on ausjeepoffroad.com)

As a matter of interest only for the moment, does everyone meet up there at stockton? or do you usually meet somewhere along the way? I assume its a good 2.5 hours to get up there aswell?

Thanks

Steve F
20-07-07, 04:28 PM
Normally we leave the twin service stations just past Wyong at about 8:00ish (meeting at 7:45), this gets us onto the beach around 9:30-10:00 depending on how long it takes to buy passes and air down etc. More details will go up over the weekend with meeting times and vehicle requirements etc.

Cheers
Steve

VIN18U
21-07-07, 12:17 PM
steve has a meeting point been organised yet? ill be staying the night in gosford so ill meet you guys on the way!!!

jeepthing
21-07-07, 03:21 PM
I'm going to have to pull out, wont have the jeep fixed by next weekend :cry:

Steve F
22-07-07, 05:31 PM
Meeting details and requirements added to the first post.

Cheers
Steve

sir_camel
22-07-07, 10:55 PM
Can i bring a mate in a Sierra?

Steve F
23-07-07, 06:29 AM

Sure,we hacve a few that have dropped out and a few tag alongs so no problem.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
23-07-07, 09:08 AM

Sure,we hacve a few that have dropped out and a few tag alongs so no problem.

Cheers
Steve

One of my tag alongs is out as of this AM...

VIN18U
23-07-07, 02:29 PM
hi guys, ill be at stockton on saturday. this will be my first club trip so not sure on what the grades mean. stockton is graded as C. my car is stock with recovery points front and rear. will my car be handle it?? i dont have a uhf what should i do? thanks in advance for your help!!!!!

arb87u
23-07-07, 03:20 PM
hi guys, ill be at stockton on saturday. this will be my first club trip so not sure on what the grades mean. stockton is graded as C. my car is stock with recovery points front and rear. will my car be handle it?? i dont have a uhf what should i do? thanks in advance for your help!!!!!

Just pop into your local tandy, dicksmith, strathfield car radios and grab a little 0.5w handheld that will keep you in touch with the rest of us and shouldn't cost more than about $50 depending on the brand and features. While one of us may be able to loan you one, a UHF radio is required on all SJC trips.

More important than even the radio is this, you must have atleast 1 front and 1 rear 'rated' recovery point. This is especially important @ stockton as it can be very easy to get stuck and hard to get unstuck.

Steve F
23-07-07, 03:20 PM

Stock is fine for Stockton, it can be as hard or as easy as you like and a fair bit of time can be spent just watching others have a go at seemingly impossible dunes for bragging rights :) I'm sure we can dig up a spare UHF for you to borrow. The club owns a couple.

Cheers
Steve

arb87u
23-07-07, 03:22 PM
Luke and Pezz are hoping to join up with us @ stockton for an hour or two, something has come up and he won't be joining the whole trip. So as they are just popping in on the trip you can remove luke from the attending list :)

Steve F
23-07-07, 03:25 PM

Just reading that again are they the stock tiedown points, is it a TJ? If so you can at least get a hook fitted on the front quite easily, do you have a towbar?

Cheers
Steve

VIN18U
23-07-07, 04:03 PM
yeh its a tj, i have an arb front bull bar and tow bar so recovery points are all good. just worried about what Grade C means. will my car be capable and what do i do about a uhf?

arb87u
23-07-07, 04:09 PM
yeh its a tj, i have an arb front bull bar and tow bar so recovery points are all good. just worried about what Grade C means. will my car be capable and what do i do about a uhf?

The stockton trip is pretty easy, it is just driving on sand that you will need to get used to. Your TJ in stock form will eat up stockton beach, they are great on the sand. You don't need to do the dune runs if you don't feel up to it, just chill at the top and watch the rest of the maniacs.

As for the radio, if you really don't want to buy one, as steve said if you let him know he will bring a handheld for you to borrow. But as i said you will need one for every SJC trip, so if you can afford it, just buy one, it only needs to be a little handheld uhf radio which you can pickup at just about any electronics store < $50.

arb87u
23-07-07, 04:11 PM
Oh and if you have any trouble at all, that is what we are there for ;)

VIN18U
23-07-07, 04:12 PM
cool. any ideas on brands etc or are all good?

arb87u
23-07-07, 04:20 PM
cool. any ideas on brands etc or are all good?

Well that depends on how much you want to spend. Best bang for buck at the moment i rekon is the GME TX650 which is a set of 2 uhf radios that are ultra compact with a charger station but it costs about $150.

at the top of the list in no particular order are GME, Icom, Uniden, Motorola

for a cheapie something like a Digitalk which can be had for about $35.

check these guys out, they have awesome customer service and great prices to boot.

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/

VIN18U
23-07-07, 04:34 PM
thanks very much, hopefully i get some ideas about modifying my car on saturday and see some nice jeeps. thanks for your help. see you there

Jumbo
23-07-07, 07:23 PM
I'll be there but will be travelling incognito 8O as the heep is up on blocks again :cry: Anyone got a box of matches... :evil:.. I won't take it personally if you put me in the rear of the pack :lol:

sir_camel
23-07-07, 10:55 PM
There'll be a zook there to keep you company Jumbo!

Jumbo
24-07-07, 07:49 PM
It's not the first time to have a zook tag along but I can't remember ever bieng out on a club run with a FORD :oops: especially an oil burner.. :roll:

VIN18U
27-07-07, 04:52 PM
hey guys ive been shopping around for a uhf and none of the shops i went into had any in stock, so i wont have one for tomorrow if anyone has a spare that they can bring along for the day i would really appreciate it. thanks. see you's in the morning.

Antz
27-07-07, 05:57 PM
I'll see you at the servo on the freeway.

Just a note, I havent seen it mentioned anywere on this thread that you need to purchase a permit to drive on the beach. You can get these from the servo on the corner at Lavis lane (our 2nd meeting point) last time I was there they were $5.00.

sir_camel
27-07-07, 10:46 PM
hey guys ive been shopping around for a uhf and none of the shops i went into had any in stock, so i wont have one for tomorrow if anyone has a spare that they can bring along for the day i would really appreciate it. thanks. see you's in the morning.

I will bring a spare. Bring some AA batteries or get some att the servo when we are there.

My sierra mate invited another guy. Sorry about that if it's a prob.

Jumbo
28-07-07, 03:12 PM
Sorry everyone I'm out,picked up a stomach bug yesterday :(

BJsTJ
29-07-07, 12:54 PM
Hey guys

just wanted to say I had a great time yesterday - took me awhile to get used to the whole sand thing (and stop my stomach from feeling queazy with all the motion stuff) but got the hang of it eventually.
Thank sWarren for the tips - going faster in L4 was much better
and Brian for the tips on how to go down the slopes - Wolf for 'girl power go on' comments - I sure do succomb to peer pressure :D and Antz for his super hero power when I got stuck (like in the first 30 minutes) it was absolutely awesome - my Friend Anna loved it and can't believe this is what people do on their weekends - I have to say to anyone reading this who hasn't been out on any trips with all you guys 'you get so much help from absolutely everyone that you can't help but learn and have fun'
I learn so much each and everytime I go out with SJC - and not just about the actual driving but also about how things work and what to do with Jeep bits
My friend Anna said it was the best day she has had - and the coolest was going over the edge into the basin and gunning it up the hill - while over the CB all you could hear was people yelling ' go BJ go BJ go go go'
she wants to thank you all for a fantastic time (and me of course)
and me well I would just like to say again - I learn something new each and every time I go out with you lot.

I calculated that I drove yesterday for allmost 14 hours - does that qualify me for an interstate truck license! nah not as much fun

tip: for anyone else boogey boarding down the slopes 'keep you mouth closed' I think I still have sand in my teeth

bernie

arb87u
29-07-07, 05:39 PM
will upload some pics and movies tonight (just got back).

Good to see you girls having some fun :D

Wolfe
29-07-07, 06:47 PM
Bj it a pleasure to go out with someone who enjoys themselves so much !!
Thanks to all for a great day ;)

Steve F
29-07-07, 08:51 PM
Yep, it was great to see people experiencing something completley new, even for me Stockton is fun (After many runs up there over the last 5 years) as it iis different everytime, take all those new lakes as an example :)

Looking forward to seeing some pics etc.

Cheers
Steve

arb87u
30-07-07, 07:04 AM
pics are here: http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/WarrenG/Stockton_SJC_28_07_07

some of my favs on the weekend

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/d/99881-2/Samurai+rock.JPG

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/d/99876-2/Samurai+rock+7.JPG

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/d/99711-2/ALL+jeeps+at+top+of+bowl.JPG

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/d/99766-2/Bernie+_amp_+Cath+in+up+to+our+knees.JPG

will upload vids tonight

VIN18U
30-07-07, 10:39 AM
thanks very much to everyone that was on the trip i really enjoyed myself. i was a bit worried coz my car was a stocker but it did alright thanks to the support and advice for everyone on the trip (especially in the bowl :) great fun!!!!! looking forward to seeing some pics and meeting again on another SJC trip. thanks again.

Wolfe
30-07-07, 02:27 PM
great pics Warren. Anyone else got some?

arb87u
30-07-07, 02:34 PM
how about some video :)

http://youtube.com/arb87u