PDA

View Full Version : Sports Unlimited (Diesel) or RUBICON Unlimited (V6)

RUBI07
17-07-07, 02:25 PM
Hi Guys,

Thinking of buying myself the New 4Dr JK, very excited but kinda in a dilema at the moment cause i dont know which one I should get.

I want to get the RUBICON but thats like 9k more then the Sports, is it really worth paying the extra cash for the RUBI?

Will it really be that much difference in performance wise offroad?

any suggestions will help my decision on purchasing my JK!

cheers,
Richard

Steve F
17-07-07, 02:46 PM
Factory warranty on lockers and the automatic swaybar disconnect are hard to beat. Also depends on the mods you're planning as well though as big tyres may mean new diff ratios so you might be better starting with the sport and spending the $9000 on lockers, ratios and tyres.

A stock Rubi will be way better offroad than the stock sport just because of the lockers (if you plan to drive the terrain that requires them)

Cheers
Steve

Anonymous
17-07-07, 02:52 PM
Thanks for quick reply Steve.

but you reckon its worth spending an extra 9k for those extra goodies?

Or better of getting the sports and just going to ARB and getting them install me the lockers instead, which may cost cheaper.

Cpage66
17-07-07, 04:58 PM
You also get a 4.1 transfer case with the Rubi along with Dana 44's front and rear as opposed to the Dana 30-Dana35 in the others...bring on the 35"s with the stock gearing and lockers!!!

Steve F
17-07-07, 05:13 PM
Good point, forgot about all those other bits, makes the Rubi look a lot better value if you plan to wheel it.

Cheers
Steve

RUBI07
17-07-07, 05:38 PM
Sorry kinda new with this things, what are DANA?

Also you think I can put on the 35'' tyres without adjusting the gear ratio etc etc?

Steve F
17-07-07, 07:23 PM
Dana is the brand of diff/axle. The higher the number the strong it is (typically). The Rubi has lower diff ratios so th possiblilty of running 35's without regearing is better.

Cheers
Steve