PDA

View Full Version : Wrangler Roof Rail on hard top

newowner
06-09-07, 11:39 AM
Hello there,

How are you all? I am new to this forum.

I think the new wrangler is superb ? I have been thinking of buying one soon!
I want to put roof rail to put my surfing board. Is there any roof rack kit available for Wrangler in the market that will not require drilling in the hard top?

I would appreciate any info you can share, please.

Thank you.

Nelson

JP_Mark
07-09-07, 01:28 PM
G'day Nelson, I haven't looked into to this for some time but your only real option would most likely be one of the roof rack assemblies that bolts to the windscreen pillars and usually attaches to the body (behind the tailights). Some local companies were making them but not in volume so best to contact one of the bigger jeep accessory places and they can order one for you. Of course, the trade off is drilling the body Vs drilling the roof.

Anonymous
07-09-07, 08:18 PM
G'day Nelson, I haven't looked into to this for some time but your only real option would most likely be one of the roof rack assemblies that bolts to the windscreen pillars and usually attaches to the body (behind the tailights). Some local companies were making them but not in volume so best to contact one of the bigger jeep accessory places and they can order one for you. Of course, the trade off is drilling the body Vs drilling the roof.

Thank you JP_Mark.
Today, i went to dealer and also asked them about it. They said ARB can be a good location for looking at the option you are talking about.

I think i will choose drilling option...

Many thanks for your feedback.

I wonder why Wrangler doesnt come with rail roof option :(:( Is it that hard to design, or just they are reluctant to change their desing or motto ;)