PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker Gully Challenge 2007 (COMP) 02/12/07

arb87u
11-09-07, 02:32 PM
Come along and celebrate the 10th anniversary of Woodpecker Gully Challenge. This may well be the last Woodpecker to be held at Dargle, if you haven't been to a Woodpecker before, you should not miss this one.

This is a great event for members to come and support the SJC team competing with the best of them. The course is setup so you can watch the entire thing from one spot. There is also camping available at the Dargle Ski Park, but you must book in advance to secure your campsite.

To those that are intending on competing, please state your intentions as early as possible. Let's see if we can do better than 10th this year :twisted:

I am up for it :)

Jumbo
11-09-07, 07:46 PM
If Ben dosen't put me on my lid at Willowglen I'll be a starter.. :lol:

BenC
12-09-07, 02:01 PM
Has any of the committee received the email Chris Face sent out about Woodpecker? Apparently it's on the 2nd December.

I'm available to spot for anyone if they'd like.

I'll try not to put you on your lid Jumbo :lol: Just spotted for Gonads at WE Rock on the weekend and came 2nd :twisted:

JP_Mark
12-09-07, 03:23 PM
I haven't seen anything come through yet re: Woodpecker. Wonder if there will be a special 'past champions' area to comemorate the 10th anniversary. :wink:

I think I've attended 6 and competed in 5 (SJC 2nd, 3rd & 1st) of the 9 so far. :D

Steve F
12-09-07, 04:02 PM
Nothing has come through to me yet, unless Ann has recieved something and forwarded it on and I didn't notice.

Cheers
Steve

AJ
12-09-07, 05:12 PM
I might be interested......

whats the story with woodpecker? How is the event run? how many days etc? Is there an event website?

As you can tell I don't know much about it :roll:

Cheers AJ

Jumbo
12-09-07, 08:55 PM
Well done Ben :D I'll try not to work you that hard... 3rd will be ok :twisted:

AJ Woodpecker is probally the best run 1 day event I've been too. :)

It's on a Sunday,three stage course with various bonus lines and obstacles,winching is allowed but penalities are incured.They try to make slight changes to the course every year just to keep it interesting.4 car team is required and split into 2 teams of 2.You get points for individual,team and club placings.

You get everything from car crushing, mud,wombat holes,logs,steep rough climbs,off camber corners,verticle rock faces,steep drop offs,etc etc.Everything from techinical driving to point and shoot bring on the rev limiter stuff "grunt grunt".They have just about got it all covered in a 15-17 min roller coaster ride :twisted: :D

AJ
14-09-07, 06:11 PM
So did we get invited to play? And if we did, can I play too?

JPLyn
19-09-07, 01:18 PM
None of the committee has official info on this .. so any of the SJC folks who have contacts who run Woodpecker, do you mind contacting them to ensure we are on the list of invitees and tell them we want to send a team. Thanks!

BenC
01-10-07, 05:46 PM
We had a chat to Chris on the weekend and she said Steve Foster has to contact OnAll4s ASAP otherwise we won't be invited to this event.

They're happy to have us, but we have to get in touch with them. This will be the last Woodpecker at Dargle and probably the last one anywhere for a couple of years.

I'm pretty sure I don't have any events on that weekend, so if someone needs a navi again I'm happy to come along. Same deal as before with the truck if anyone needs a transport with mobile workshop.

Steve F
01-10-07, 06:29 PM
We had a chat to Chris on the weekend and she said Steve Foster has to contact OnAll4s ASAP otherwise we won't be invited to this event.

They're happy to have us, but we have to get in touch with them. This will be the last Woodpecker at Dargle and probably the last one anywhere for a couple of years.

I'm pretty sure I don't have any events on that weekend, so if someone needs a navi again I'm happy to come along. Same deal as before with the truck if anyone needs a transport with mobile workshop.

Chris Face? I now have an email for him and a phone number so I'll sort it out tomorrow.

Cheers
Steve

BenC
01-10-07, 06:40 PM
Yep Chris Face.. and it's a her :wink:

Steve F
01-10-07, 07:42 PM
Yep Chris Face.. and it's a her :wink:

Ooo, thanks for the heads up :) Could have been embarrassing. Anyway, I've sent off an email and will follow up tomorrow with a call.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
02-10-07, 07:35 AM
We're in, now we need a team, forward your details on to me so I can get them to Chris.

Cheers
Steve

AJ
05-10-07, 12:39 PM
what details do you need steve?

Steve F
13-10-07, 12:34 AM
So do we have 4 vehicles??? If you want to enter let me know and I'll send you th entry forms :)

Cheers
Steve

ann
12-11-07, 09:39 AM
guess we dont have a team?

running order as follows:

1 All Coast
2 Nissan Patrol
3 TLCC
4 Maitland
5 Kamikaze
6 Blue Mountains
7 Southern Tablelands
8 All Terrain
9 Brindabella Ranges
10 Just Cruisin
11 Canobolas
12 Macarthur
13 Logan Districts
14 Gold Eagle
15 Brisbane Waters
16 Bong Bong
17 Well Sprung
18 Lithgow
19 Suzuki
20 Raymond Terrace

BenC
12-11-07, 12:44 PM
what happened committee?

stevet
12-11-07, 09:34 PM
There wasn't enough folks to enter a team!

Steve F
13-11-07, 06:19 PM
what happened committee?

I got no more interest for a team, some people had busted vehicles and some just didn't want to compete.

Simple really.

Cheers
Steve