PDA

View Full Version : Menai Clean-up Sat. 22/09/07

stevet
15-09-07, 08:37 PM
For those attending;--
Meet-- 8.30a.m. @ Gate No.6 on Heathcote Road
Bring/wear-- Decent shoes and gloves,bring food/drink to taste.Don't forget the camera.
Participation in a Menai Clean-up gives you 12 months access to the tracks at Menai on " official" club runs there.
Please post up your intend to drive on the day.Don't forget to pm your Rego details ( if I do not have ) by Thursday 19/09/07 to gain access to the track as per new access requirements.
Further info contact--Stephen T. Mob--(0412)-707903.

Flatfender
17-09-07, 10:02 AM
Put my name down Steve
Cheers
Ian W.

sir_camel
17-09-07, 11:51 AM
I'm keen...

Jaffas
17-09-07, 12:14 PM
yet another one I can't make it too... gotta get to one soon... been roped in to help a friend set up some stuff... enjoy it.

sir_camel
20-09-07, 10:58 PM
Just me and Flatfender?

stevet
21-09-07, 12:33 AM
Hi guy's,
I am in charge of the clean-up on Saturday so I'm tied to the marshalling area for the morning so see you when you arrive on Saturday 8) :)

homedg
21-09-07, 08:14 AM
We'll be there..... :D

sir_camel
21-09-07, 02:25 PM
What do you drive homdg? Just so i know who to look out for.

Steve F
21-09-07, 02:44 PM
What do you drive homdg? Just so i know who to look out for.

JK :) Should be easy for you to spot.

Cheers
Steve

homedg
21-09-07, 04:34 PM
:lol: It's a green JK (stocker). :lol:

Look forward to seeing you out there.

Flatfender
21-09-07, 06:04 PM
Sorry Guys...Flatfender is all ready to roll but I have to pull out of tomorrows clean-up. My son has hurt his back so I have to deal with him. Have a great day anyway. Catch you next time.
Cheers
Ian W.

homedg
21-09-07, 09:23 PM
So are the final starters:
Stephen T.
Sir_Camel and
Moi 8)

stevet
22-09-07, 12:42 AM
It means the more tracks you can cover 8)
See ya there :)

Wolfe
22-09-07, 03:40 PM
sorry guys next time :cry:

sir_camel
22-09-07, 06:12 PM
sorry guys next time :cry:
web wheeler ;)

Was a great day. I have MASSIVE respect for a stock JK. homedg's 2 door Rescue Green JK Sport with H/T tyres ate up most of the trails. Mud, rocks it just cruised it (with some guiding and 1 snatch). 2 inch lift and some 33 MT's and these things will be unstoppable.

stevet joined us after helping out with running the cleanup. It seems he bust a CV or an axle. I think i've damaged my brakes somehow. Making all sorts of noises on the way home. All good fun though.

Look forward to the pics.

stevet
22-09-07, 08:45 PM
Hi,
Yeah Sir Camel, those stock JK's are quite impressive!,But apart from the L c/v, one other gremmlin in the works #$@% %$#@ *&^%. Put the memory card in the computer, saw the pic's ( about 76 ), then the comp. suddenly re-boots itself, $#@^ #%$# !@#$, no more pic's to be seen or found, %$#@ $%#@ !@#$, what else is there to say :oops: :roll: 8O :cry:

homedg
23-09-07, 12:59 AM
AWWW :oops: :oops: :oops:
Got home and the Minister for war and finance asked " Any great Pics?"
I said "HEAPS".
8) "Plenty on Stephens camera of us going up, down and fortunately not SIDEWAYS"
I also grabbed some great pics on that camera of Sir_"Mark"_Camel doing some great bumpetey-ups and Stephen doing some great 3WD stuff.
Oh well. I'll download the dodgy pics I have on my phonecam and that will have to do.

The clean up stuff was done quick as a flash and then we went rolling.
Mark showed me some tracks he knew and then we explored some tracks that Stephen said we should have a look at. We can't remember the name of the run but a loop track that sort of ran along a stoney creek bed made for a nice trot. We ended up at a great steppy/rocky climb which was beyond the stock JK's capabililty but was a good challenge for the Camel mobile.
If a stock JK had to snatch a raised, modded TJ with chunky tires from any of this run it WILL not be mentioned here.
Camel crunched it and we marked it on the GPS for future runs.

After poking around for awhile Stephen had finally finished his duties as the Menai Co-ordinator and we headed off for a run to the end of the :?: * trail :?:
The Eastern side of this area is AWESOME. Some great challenges, Options for different vehicle capabilities, and great scenery to boot.
Highlights according to DG Jnr:
1) How much dumped rubbish and tires are around the place? What are these people thinking?
2) How do you get these cars down here before you burn them?
3) The look on my face of the slippery slide, particulary when I was asked to try it in reverse.... The ol' slippery slide was a blast for us.
4) A JK gving a TJ a little tug out of trouble

In short we had a great day and thanks guys for the great support/input and guidance that S&M (Stephen + Mark = SadoMasochism) provided.

We had a BLAST!

Jaffas
23-09-07, 09:46 AM
hmmm, sounds like a good day, will have to try and make it to the next one...

VIN18U
24-09-07, 11:48 AM
sounded like a great trip, hope to get out there soon. hopefully a sunday run or ill just have to chuck a sickie(coff coff) for saturday. looking forward to seeing pics!!!!!

stevet
08-10-07, 07:49 PM
Hey guess what??. The lost pic's have somehow returned to the comp..
Will post link up once problem with link to upload to aussiejeepimages is sorted.
Homedg, send you some cool pic's 8) shortly

sir_camel
08-10-07, 08:10 PM
:) look forward to seeing them

sir_camel
13-10-07, 05:51 PM
Any progress on the pics steve?