PDA

View Full Version : Classic Not Plastic 27/28 Oct

AussieCJ7
21-09-07, 06:55 AM
Hi All

It is back on the infamous Classic not Plastic.

This time a slightly different format but the same great people, and low stress weekend. It is dedicated to older Jeeps and the pace will be set by the slowest of the pack.

It is intended for Pre Chrysler Jeeps however we will allow "plastics" in support, if you are keen to attend and you dont have a pre Chrysler jeep contact me and we can add you to the list. Just be aware to keep the intent of the weekend we do limit the post Chrysler's jeeps to 50% of total attendance.

There will be a small raffel on the Saturday night with proceeds going to charity

This year we are going to the Cherokee Clubs property at Booral

Directions
(UHF Channel 18)
Property front gate GPS co-ordinates:
32?28.672?S 151?59.817?E
If you are travelling from the north you
will need to top up supplies and fuel at
Bulahdelah before heading 2.5km south
and turning onto Booral Road. This is a
slow winding road, approximately 22km.
Look for Jeep signs on the left hand side
of the road.
Travelling from the south, use The
Bucketts Way to the town of Booral. Top
up fuel and supplies (very limited) at
Booral and proceed on the Booral Road
for 4kms and look for Jeep signs on the
right hand side.
Follow track and signs through the
property to the camp site.

See This months Jeep Action for a map etc

You can download the Jeep Action add in PDF format here http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=109646&g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

To register for this trip you must contact me directly

Wooders
06-10-07, 01:28 AM
How many Classics from the club have we got going????
We'll be in the CJ-8 & I'm keen as.....
Convoy??

Flatfender
06-10-07, 07:47 PM
You can't get more "Classic" than a '42 GPW / MB (even if it is not quite original)...so I will have to try to make it there. Not in to camping so I might look at a motel in Bulahdelah. I assume the idea is to arrive Friday evening for a good start on the Saturday???
Cheers
Ian W.

Wooders
13-10-07, 10:10 AM
Friday would have been my peference - but unfortuantely I'll be looking to leave on Saturday morning.
2 weeks to go - better get some little bits done....

AussieCJ7
13-10-07, 09:41 PM
Just got back from Cairns and happy to report registrations for this years classic is through the roof with 10 to 12 from the Coff's crew and about 6 or more willy's a couple of CJ6's a couple of CJ10's and a few CJ7's

I would say there will be about 20 Jeeps can not wait !!!!!

You would be mad to miss this weekend if nothing else just to check out the good range of jeeps

Wooders
29-10-07, 12:47 PM
What an awesome weekend.
Considering it was an SJC member co-ordinated event (Thanks Mr Erwin) I was surprised and a little disappointed to see so few club members (4).
Roll on next years event and I really hope we can make this an annual event!!

Wolfe
29-10-07, 01:28 PM
What an awesome weekend.
Considering it was an SJC member co-ordinated event (Thanks Mr Erwin) I was surprised and a little disappointed to see so few club members (4).
Roll on next years event and I really hope we can make this an annual event!!
when you consider we had two events on this weekend its not a bad turn out your 4 and our 6 thats 10 out of 40 + members ................oh I see what you mean :(

Steve F
29-10-07, 01:59 PM
I saw 3 of them leaving Maccas on Friday lunchtime at Waitara, I thought it was looking pretty good then.

Maybe a Plastic not Classic event would get more takers from the club.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
29-10-07, 04:42 PM
Maybe a Plastic not Classic event would get more takers from the club.

Cheers
Steve

I thought that was every other trip with SJC... :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Wooders
30-10-07, 08:48 AM
when you consider we had two events on this weekend its not a bad turn out your 4 and our 6 thats 10 out of 40 + members ................oh I see what you mean :(

I know a Menai cleanup was on at the same time....but they are on every month...This was the first CNP in 2 years.
The Cherokee Club to an incredible job preparing the site with on-site test tracks, new permenant shelter, nicely prepared camping area with loos and WELL stacked pile of wood for the constantly running bonfire etc and even peer in the dam which was a popular swiming spot for the kids...
There was at least 5 Jeep clubs present....with some people travelling from as far as Qld to attend.
Look out for what should be a great writeup in JAA!!
Plus at the end of the weekend we had also raised about $600 for charity.
No real comparison to Menai ;)

Anyhow now I can't wait for next years event (Jun/Jul 08?).....And feel rejuvinated to get into some of my projects....

Cpage66
30-10-07, 09:16 PM
I really need to finish the Scout... :cry: