PDA

View Full Version : KJ diesel busted

Sparky
23-09-07, 12:09 AM
a lady in our club has a libby that wont start,sounds like its got a bent valve,has anyone had issues with the lil engine?and ya its got fuel and is primed upit just sounds rel bad when its cranking 8O

CDKJ
02-10-07, 08:39 PM
Has she got it sorted out yet & did she find out what the problem was

Sparky
02-10-07, 09:30 PM
Not yet, iwork with MTU diesels and that thing was so cute i just wanna use it for a starter motor :D ,the local dealer is talking about changing glow plugs and the egr valve,i still dont think its gonna run,the engine just sounds awful while its cranking,ill post up when i know something

Sparky
13-10-07, 10:26 AM
needs a head and at least 1 piston seems,dealer says it pulled something into the engine,i call shenanigans!how does some thimg get sucked into an engine that has positive pressure on it,hell the turbo compressor wheel looks new,had a broken glow plug and #2 cyl droped a valve

CDKJ
13-10-07, 08:03 PM
Strange hey, wonder how they came up with that. So who's paying the bill?

Sparky
16-10-07, 10:29 AM
Strange hey, wonder how they came up with that. So who's paying the bill?so far its not coverd and i think theyll get rid of it rather than pay the for the repair,seems like the engine mayhave been oversped,they tow a camper and they do alot of traveling in mountains i kinda think the oversped the engine and it floated a valve,it might have kissed the piston enough to piss it off and have the valvehead free it self from the rest of the valve train.seems that the keeprs on the other valves on that hole were disloged,sounds like a freak occurance

Sparky
15-12-07, 10:06 AM
they (the dealer)replaced the engine and chrysler ate half the bill.7,000usd ::)