PDA

View Full Version : Watagans Wanderings 13/14 Nove - Possibly being cancelled

Dorzun
19-10-04, 11:48 AM
An overnighter in the Watagans.

The basic plan is to set up camp in The Pines campgrounds early saturday and leave the rest of the day for exploring playing or just relaxing round the campsite.

Tracks of all descriptions can be found and rather than set exact trips I thought I'd wait to see who turns up etc.

An invite has been put out to the Central Coast Club and also the Raymond Terrace 4WD club whom a few of us did the sugarloaf trip with recently.

If all goes to plan I will head up on friday night to get a good spot and set up the basics such as the tarps, BBQ's etc.

Grades will be D - A

Numbers are not limited but I would like to know if you are coming or not.

Trip Leader: Brad Lawson 041 044 0988 or jeepa@ihug.com.au

Trip will be cancelled if no response prior to end of month.

Antz
19-10-04, 01:23 PM
Put me on the list Brad, I could even help on Friday if you need it.

Mildue
19-10-04, 06:30 PM
Count me in. My family and i will be going in our caravan.
Im not a member but dad is. His membership No. is #86 just for refrence.

chrispy
19-10-04, 06:46 PM
Count me in. My family and i will be going in our caravan.
Im not a member but dad is. His membership No. is #86 just for refrence.

Hey Mildue - is your dad on this forum? If not, why not?

:wink:

chrispy
19-10-04, 06:49 PM
Brad -

Love to go, but it turns out that I had my dates screwed up. Apparently we are due to look after our Cooma neighbour's property and animals over the weekend from Thursday evening to Sunday night. They are going to Newcastle for the son's wedding and pleaded with us to let them go. If we aren't able to look after their whole farm for that period, they can't go to the wedding.

Sure you guys don't want to come to Cooma instead?

Mildue
19-10-04, 07:23 PM
Uhmmm.. dad doesnt want to have anything to with computers unless it really important. So i joined to keep updated and tell him whats goin on

chrispy
19-10-04, 07:49 PM
Well... I'd better make you a member then!

Mildue
19-10-04, 08:47 PM
a member of what? :?

Adz
19-10-04, 08:49 PM
I would be up for that.

chrispy
19-10-04, 08:53 PM
a member of what? :?

Of this site!

You were not listed as a Club Member, although you were a basic Forum member.

Club members get to see an additional Club Members-only forum, and you need to let your dad in on what's happening....

Mildue
19-10-04, 08:57 PM
Ohhhh Ok.
I was thinking of something else
Rightio then

wiz
22-10-04, 01:21 PM
would like to come up for a day trip on the Sat or Sun to do the
Slippery Rock and Rope rd trails :wink:

Jaffas
25-10-04, 12:43 PM
Keen on the run up to the Watagans, but can probably only afford a day time wise...

Will confirm soon-ish, a few things to sort out calender wise for November yet...

Cpage66
26-10-04, 06:43 PM
Same here...we can do one of the days...Only stars Pela sleeps under are five. She's been camping once in her life and had a horrible time. I've gotta get her broke in on it...
But we'll be up for one of the days Brad. Let you know which closer to game time.

Greg
27-10-04, 07:01 AM
Greg & Jane plus 3 kids in the jeep & jayco will be there #085:D

billsta
28-10-04, 10:35 PM
im very in for this..
was pondering a camping trip on the train....

was going to go alone

edit
me not going.
90% have to help a 'friend'
i hate friends :evil:

Dorzun
03-11-04, 03:17 PM
Trip Update.

Plans to head up friday night have been thrown out the window as I won't be leaving adelaide until 4.30PM on friday arvo. By the time I get into sydney and across town it'll be geeting late and I won't have packed the car so the plan for those wanting to head up with me wilkl be meeting on the F3 at 7.30PM just up from the Pacific Hwy on ramp.

We'll be camping at or near the pines so if anyone is going upo friday night, make sure you grab a good campsite with plenty of room for tents, kids to play etc.

Will talk more about it at tonights meetiong and will update post later this week.

Shaping up to be a good weekend.

Mildue
03-11-04, 04:49 PM
Hey Brad

would u be able to bring sum detailed maps showing the turnoffs tonight at the meeting?

we're goin up friday arvo

Dorzun
03-11-04, 04:57 PM
Ummmm, not really.

Most of the stuffs still in boxes after the house move but I can point you to some sites that'll get you there.

I was going to post directions when I got home tonite.

ACJ
04-11-04, 07:34 AM
Should be in not sure if it will be me and a tent or me & Jo with a jayco in tow :)

Cpage66
04-11-04, 11:23 AM
We're in for the 14th only...

Mildue
04-11-04, 04:48 PM
Is there any1 goin up on the friday?

Hunter
08-11-04, 10:12 PM
Would like to go but where is it 1st? :oops:

sir_camel
08-11-04, 10:17 PM
About 100km North of Sydney Hunter. In land of the Central Coast.

BenC
09-11-04, 10:42 AM
Meh, I was planning to come up on the Sunday to do a bit of playing, but I guess I'd better fix my Jeep first. Gonna have to miss out.

Dorzun
09-11-04, 11:22 AM
Bad Nooz, may have to cancel the camping aspects of the weekend due to some personal stuff.

Will let everyone know by tommorow.

wiz
09-11-04, 12:38 PM
probably wont be able to make this one now ....

jeeps in the shop receiveing some mechanical TLC ,
then gets the high pressure steam cleaner treatment on saturday ,
and rubber mallet panel beating :roll:

Enjoy the trip to those that are still going 8)

Cpage66
09-11-04, 01:47 PM
I'm still game for a daytrip...The 14th???!!!!!

Mildue
09-11-04, 04:26 PM
Brad
what about other members from other clubs? are they still going? are they camping up there? :?
Coz it seems like alot of our members just want to do day trips up there...

Jaffas
10-11-04, 05:35 PM
Would love to do an overnighter, but its just a busy time of year, with too many things happening and can't afford to be out of town for a whole weekend... Maybe March/April might be better for a camping weekend? Just a thought...

If anyone is still planning a day trip on Sat, I might/should be available, else we will just have to do the Watagans another weekend...

Dorzun
10-11-04, 08:18 PM
Still, happy to do a day trip on saturday if others are keen. Did not get any response directly from other clubs and if no one gets back to me it's not my problem as far as I am concerned.

I'd love to still do the overnighter but theirs reasons I am not going to share that I cannot. And before anyone ask's, no it wasn't the better half, she was actually looking forward to it.

I will run the weekend at some stage in feb/march next year though.

If you are keen on the dat trip, please call me on 041 044 0988 as I am in adelaide until late friday afternoon and won't be online again until I get home.

Dorzun
10-11-04, 08:21 PM
[quote="wiz"]
and rubber mallet panel beating :roll:

quote]

Maqte you know I feel partly responsible for the repairs so if you need a hand and can wait till during the week let me now.

Actually, I'll try and give you a call over the next few days.

Cpage66
10-11-04, 09:03 PM
If it's Saturday I'm out ... Can only do Sunday this weekend.

Antz
11-11-04, 01:51 AM
Me too, can do Sun but Sat is out.

Jaffas
11-11-04, 11:54 AM
Well looks like its 2 for Sat, and 2 for Sun... hmmm... well, i can't get out of commitments for Sun, so maybe I may just have to pike and we can line it up for another time???

Unless there are others around for Sat???