PDA

View Full Version : ***NEW SITE***

Steve F
10-12-07, 09:14 PM
Ok the site has moved to a new server and I've updated at the same time. It's barely started so a lot of stuff isn't done yet, it'll improve over the next week :) Any problems with the forum itself let me know, it should be a lot better :)

Galleries etc will be slowly moved BUT if you want your pics now let me know and I'll get them off the old site.

Oh and dont setup links directly to here as www.sydneyjeepclub.com will always work and bring you here.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
10-12-07, 10:22 PM
Looks good! :)

Steve F
10-12-07, 10:30 PM
And its fast again :) Still plenty to do but it's getting there. The calendar is done, you can add something in the calendar and get it to create a topic in a forum at the same time :)

Cheers
Steve

stevet
10-12-07, 10:32 PM
;D Yahoo!!. Looks good Steve. 8)

Steve F
10-12-07, 10:38 PM
Also try the search on the top left, it's very quick and works well :) The site is much better to maintain than the old setup as well.

Cheers
Steve

Antz
10-12-07, 11:25 PM
Lookin good, so many new posts to read, ohh hang on......

JPLyn
11-12-07, 08:06 AM
Great work Steve ... looking good and glad to be able to get into the site again without it timing out!

Thank you!

Steve F
11-12-07, 01:36 PM
We should also get less spam now as users must activate thier account beofre they can post, this is done via email so bots can register but cant activate and get into the forum :)

Also see Lyn has used the calendar :) At the moment only commitee, trips and moderators can ad events but I will change that so Club Members can add events as well.

Also notice the next 14 days events come up at the bottom of the forum so you dont have to check the calendar, click on the event and it will take you to the thread for the event and you can reply and keep track of whats going on.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
11-12-07, 04:10 PM
AVATARS are now uploaded, not the same as the last ones. Go to your user profile and you can select them there. I've stuck in about 50 Jeep ones and there were somestandard ones I've left.

Club Members can now and calendar events, just remember they will put a post in the forum so it is easier to add it to the calendar and let it update the forum with all the details. Make sure you select the right forum as well. Typically Trips.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
11-12-07, 05:14 PM
I hate to say it but the multi coloured fonts work better in IE 7 than Firefox and the site is quite a bit faster in IE 7 fo rme as well.
This looks better in IE 7

Cheers
Steve

JPLyn
11-12-07, 06:07 PM
How do I edit my profile ? I can't seem to get access.

Steve F
11-12-07, 06:11 PM
Select 'PROFILE' along the bar aty the top a few tabs up from forum. Then you'll see a profile summary, on the left hand side of the page is a "MODIFY PROFILE" heading and under that are the options for editing the profile, "Forum Profile Information" has the most relevant stuff in it.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
11-12-07, 06:14 PM
If you put your birthday in yopur profile it'll come up on the calendar :)

Cheers
Steve

JPLyn
11-12-07, 06:24 PM
Not seeing what you describe ? otherwise I think I might have worked it out for myself. I use IE, not sure of version, but doubt it is the latest.

sir_camel
11-12-07, 07:21 PM
Is really nice and fast. My only gripe is it is significantly harder to see if there are new posts or not. Loved the colours of the old one!

Steve F
11-12-07, 07:28 PM
Once the default site is up and running I'll try some different themes over the standard one and see how it goes :) I need to get the domain redirected to here as well as something's specifically picture references wont work until it is.

Anyway, anything else post it up here as now the forum is sorted the rest can be tweaked as I go :)

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
11-12-07, 10:34 PM
OK, most things should be working OK, I've had some real hassles getting pics from the gallery though as it was a seperate plugin to the forum and there are specific permission issues required which I dont seem to have. I may have to give up on this allthough if anyone is really deperate to grab the pics they posted in there let me know and I'll persevere a little longer.

EDIT, After some work last night I have all the pictures up until the 29th of November :)

Cheers
Steve

homedg
12-12-07, 10:06 AM
Is really nice and fast. My only gripe is it is significantly harder to see if there are new posts or not. Loved the colours of the old one!

Mark,
At the top of the forum page you can just click on "show unread posts since last vist"
Viola

Steve F
12-12-07, 03:15 PM
You can now imbed video clips from most sites, just paste the link :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtrTHfZR_g

Steve F
12-12-07, 04:42 PM
The gallery will be back tonight with some nice new features hopefully :)

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
13-12-07, 02:57 PM
Check the Club Members section for some neat new gallery features and how to use it.

Cheers
Steve

Outback
18-12-07, 10:53 AM
Awsome job Steve F the site looks great and I no longer need to get a run-up at the web pages to get to the next link!

Sparky
18-12-07, 04:07 PM
Cheers!this site looks great, our new site is in the works ,heres the old one for know come on in and look aroundhttp://novajeepers.com/index.php ;D

jeepthing
29-12-07, 10:43 PM
how do i hide my email address? ??? ive checked the 'Hide email address from public?' box in my profile settings but it still has that little envelope under my avatar and in my profile my email is visible...

Antz
29-12-07, 11:06 PM
Maybe its only visible to you. When I look its says;

Email: hidden