Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Colonel

Default The Colonel

2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

We bought The Colonel in October 2007 after seeing the JK's on display at the Sydney Motor Show. We traded in my 2003 Subaru Impreza RS and Rebeccas 2006 Volkswagen Polo GTI within about two weeks of seeing the blinged up Unlimited at the motor show. The thing that attracted us was it has the practicality of a 4-door as well as the fun of the convertible - in a 4wd. There's nothing else like it on the market - we love it!

Totally stock right now, but future mods include a
    • front bar
    • spotties
    • winch
    • and a Tuffy Security Drawer in the back so we can have the roof off and keep things secure.

Then after all that extra weight has been added,
    • 35" tires
    • a lift (not sure exactly what height or brand lift kit yet)

Default Re: The Colonel

go the "colonel", gotta ask were did the name come from is it an army reference or have you got another car named graham?

cant wait to see it lifted.

Been on a couple of runs with the Colonel :P, bearing in mind I'm in a stock 2 door JK , but that thing just eats everything up for a stocker. An set of aggresive tyres and a small lift will make it only more unstoppable.
    And then the rest..... Who knows what's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by azasjeep
    go the "colonel", gotta ask were did the name come from is it an army reference or have you got another car named graham?

cant wait to see it lifted.
    hehe, you noticed the resemblance too?

The Colonel's first mod is now done!

Before the first incision...

Halfway through the operation..

Extreme Makeover complete!

Big thanks to Rebecca for helping out when I needed a second pair of hands and also to Panda for overseeing the whole process (he's the ranga cat who managed to get himself into every photo :P )

good stuff casey, i have a feeling casey and bec are gonna get the bug bad and this will just be the beginning.

Looking good Casey...the it rocks

Very tough. I love how the bar opens those front wheel arches up like they should be!

very noice!

will be looking into something similar for the TJ in due course

Quote Originally Posted by sir_camel
    Very tough. I love how the bar opens those front wheel arches up like they should be!
    yeah, I think Jeep likes that look too - its pretty similar to the one they put on the JT concept ute: