Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep mechanic in Eastern Suburbs

Default Jeep mechanic in Eastern Suburbs

Could anyone recommend a good mechanic that is experienced with Jeep in/near the Eastern Suburbs?

According to the Jeep dealer, my 2004 Cherokee needs the following service:

- Transmission Service $282.00
    - Front diff service $144.00
    - Rear Diff service $300.00
    - Transfer case service $119.00

That totals up to $ 845! I am quite sure that this service could be done for less, but I do want to bring the Jeep to a place where I can be confident that they know what they are doing.

Cheers,

Mark

Default Re: Jeep mechanic in Eastern Suburbs

Did they say what those services involve, looking at the prices I'd guess it's pretty much just oil changes? If it then any mechanic you trust can do that if you dont want to yourself.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

It's probably just oil changes. The car has done 80,000 km.

As I have just moved to Australia, I haven't found a mechanic nearby yet. Would you know any in the Paddington area?

Cheers,

Mark

If you find someone in the Eastern subs who you can recommend, please post it in here.
    Im in the same boat.

Personally, I look forwards to driving my jeep, not modding it/pulling it apart and putting it back together, so I'm looking for a good mech as well. Different horses for different courses IMO, hopefully the folks on this forum wont be snobbish because I'm not interest in doing my own fluid changes...?

Jeep in rushcutters bay just give overpriced, rubbish service. I read a fair few complaints about jeep service before I bought my wrangler, but didnt expect it to be so...apathetic. They just dont give a rats butt really. Damn frustrating when you love your car, to give it to someone who plainly just doesnt give a crap about it to care for it...scary prospect.

Any advice would be really welcome on the mechanic front!

Is Troy still working at ARB Southern at St Peters? I know that he is no longer operating "Jeepers HQ" since the change of ownership, but he should be able to organise a decent service there.

Dave

No Troy left there a while ago. But the lads at ARB St Pete are doing their best to learn about Jeeps

Wooders, do you know if the guys at ARB St Peters already learned how to do a transmission, differential and transfer case service on a Jeep?

Why dont ya put ya name down for the wrenching day in may and learn how to do it and share a few drinks with some fellow jeepers

But im sure arb southern or any mechanic is capeable opf doing a fluid change, if not they probably should look for a new job

yeah, there isn't an awful lot to it... even on those new fangle-dangled-fancy-pants JKs..

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...hange-write-up

ARB St Peters installed my front and rear lockers and installed my slip yoke elimiator and ive had no problems. They are a good bunch of guys and everytime i drive past or stop in to get something there are always jeeps there. I normally deal with Mark there.

Goodluck!!!