0 0%
  • no

6 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can i fit 31" tyres on a standard TJ

Default can i fit 31" tyres on a standard TJ

can any help me do i need to do any mods to fit 31" tyres to my TJ

Default Re: can i fit 31" tyres on a standard TJ

Was my first mod. Ran them for a year or so and it was great. DO IT!

Default Can i fit 31" tyres to a standard TJ

I have a factory TJ and wanna know if i should or need to modifiy anythig to run 31" tyres

And you didin't to do any mods cause ARB tells me i gotta change this and that

I just did a quick Google search, and it seems that a stock TJ can run 31's with some minor rub when off road.

http://forums.jpmagazine.com/70/8033...-tj/index.html

Yeah, just go get some 31's and whack them on!! Will only rub when fully flexed and the swaybar disconnected. The standard ratios in the gearbox / diffs work fine on 31's. And the extra clearance / traction is a great advantage

where would it rub and i got a stupid question can you and why would you disconect the sway bar. thanks

when going over rough tracks off road it will rub in the top of the wheel arch like this when going over large bumps (articulating)

you disconnect the sway bar to get more articulation, stretching the suspension out more than normal. This keeps your wheels in contact with the ground so you maintain traction, like this:

As you can see in that pic, when the wheel on one side extends down, the other side goes up into the wheel arch, and this can sometimes cause rubbing if there isn't enough clearance.

None of this will really be of much concern if you dont take your Jeep offroad much.

Quote Originally Posted by richie
    And you didin't to do any mods cause ARB tells me i gotta change this and that
    It is better if you do have a 2 inch lift but i ran it perfectly with stock suspension for the whole time i ran them. Just go for it. The best mod you can do on a budget!

Quote Originally Posted by casey
    when going over rough tracks off road it will rub in the top of the wheel arch like this when going over large bumps (articulating)

you disconnect the sway bar to get more articulation, stretching the suspension out more than normal. This keeps your wheels in contact with the ground so you maintain traction, like this:

As you can see in that pic, when the wheel on one side extends down, the other side goes up into the wheel arch, and this can sometimes cause rubbing if there isn't enough clearance.

None of this will really be of much concern if you dont take your Jeep offroad much.
    Do you know where to get those timberline tyres.