Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Think I picked up a bargain winch :)

Default Re: Think I picked up a bargain winch :)

Looking really good steve - But you should have given us a yell if you needed a press - could have helped.
    Nonetheless looks great.

Dont have any dimple dies do you Looked at them and they are waaaay expensive. I'd like to cut some holes in the skid and use a dimple die on them

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

What's way expensive?
    I love the dimple die look and would love to have one of those (but if they are Xy then chances aren't good ).

They do look good

A 5 piece set (going up in 1/2" increments) 1/2" to 2 1/2" is around $425USD

A single 2" is around $150USD, I guess if they get used a lot it isn't to bad but for a single project and just 4 holes it's too much for me If only someone rented them out

Cheers
    Steve

you could buy it and then rent it out to other DIY'ers... I'm sure you'd get plenty of people wanting it once you put pics of your handywork with it up on AJOR

Pretty much done, the lights are just hanging in the mounts at the moment so are almost resting on the tow hooks, they will be further back giving room to hook a strap on the hooks. The winch is not mounted yet, need to work out how I'm going to mount the controller to the top of it (is there a standard mount that can be bought?) then when it is wired up I'll mount it. Also haven't trimmed the front for the fairlead yet, should get that tomorrow in the post.

Anyway, pics.

Now to fit a new radiator and a few other bits and pieces ready for the long weekend

Cheers
    Steve

NICE!!!!
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

A Warn winch mount bracket should fit it. I had to buy one for mine - even Warn winches don't come with them as standard :P

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92104_03.htm

But knowing how handy you are, you'll probably be able to make your own

(it attaches using that single hole on the right-angle section using one of the bolts that secure those cross bars on top of the winch. the solenoid box attaches to the other side with the two holes)

oh, and that bar looks hard-to-the-CORE maenz!

Looks great, nice work.