Thread: JK hardtops

Default JK hardtops

Hello everyone! I'm new here so be gentle.

I've loved jeeps for ages and I am very close to purchasing my first Wrangler.

The only problem is a hardtop is just out of my budget right now so it looks like I'm going to go for a wrangler with a soft top.

I'm hoping that I can purchase a hardtop for it some time in the future for a lot less than the $5000 the dealer has quoted me. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get one from?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: JK hardtops

Hi Jeepjeep, Welcome to the forum and I am sure the people here will be very helpful with any questions that may be asked.
    We drive a soft top Rubicon and we are quite happy with it, it does not leak (and we have been in quite heavy rain), it is not cold, but we do get a little bit of wind noise which doesn't bother us .. it is a fun car after all. Being able to go topless or even window less is great as well.
    I am sure Wooders could help you with plenty of information should you decide to go for the hardtop later on.
    Maggie

Default Re: JK hardtops

Thanks Maggie,

I'm glad to hear it doesn't get too cold. I'm not too worried about not having the hardtop over summer but once winter comes round my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to the snowy mountains for some skiing. I think a hardtop would be a essential then!

Like you say it's fun to be able to take the roof down with a soft top so I certainly won't be in any rush to fit the hardtop until winter starts creeping up.