Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wattagans Sun.15/03/09

Default Wattagans Sun.15/03/09

A run to the Wattagans:
    Meet -- At the old toll/weight station on the Pacific Hwy, Berowra,
    Time -- 8.00a.m.
    Planned run is along the Powerline run, unless someone knows the area better and suggests another area.
    Grade -- "C+/B" but I have not the run for a few years so actual conditions unknown
    Bring/have own recovery gear(if needed), recovery points F/Rear, CB radio, food/drink of choice.
    Post up if you intend to go on the day. Guests are welcome to attend.
    Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094

Default Re: Wattagans Sun.15/03/09

i'm interested, thanks

Steve,

I should be able to make it, I will confirm later in the week when I see how much work is still on.

Greg

Steve,

I am a 99% attending, bring a friend from work and the boys so should be a good day.

Greg

Visitor

Default Can't go this time around...

But I intend to go next time - I should have noticed this post before making other plans.
    Since I am a novice on the dirt, what should I do to prepare for the next trip - sounds like a difficult day out.
    TK.

as far as recovery gear, just make sure you've got 2 rated shackles and a snatch strap.

Its pretty slippery out there after a bit of rain and with the stock AT tyres will slick up a bit. We've been there a few times and have stock tyres, we got through ok. I guess muddies would have made it easier - but that wouldn't be half as much fun now, would it?

I would like to make this one but still trying to identify the cause of overheating - especially on freeway runs so not sure at this stage.
    Cheers
    Ian W.

Visitor

Early start, but I'm interested!

where you planning Steve? I know a few tracks but they're more A/B depends on how many newcomers are going to attend i guess

Like I said, I only know the "Power Line" run and the loop back up to the top, if it's still usable/driveable?? plus it's been a few years since I was last there and like you said, it can depend on who's coming on the day....
    JC Member# 094