Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Lake Lyle Sunday 14/06/09

Default Re: Lake Lyle Sunday 14/06/09

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC
    MRGC
    I did my best to hold up the WG's and guess what?.....went really well...I look froward to seeing your Grand one day
    Soon we will meet I am due for for a club run!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigB
    I got some pretty good photoes of the day - but some have number plates showing and dont know how to obscure them and dont want to upset anyone by posting the pics like that. Any ideas what to do?

Glad your op went well Dave.
    Start a thread in Club Matters and post them in there, only club members can see them then.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Quote Originally Posted by JK_Dolf
    This is a good point. I'm kind of anal about it, and it probably comes from practice of washing army vehicles as soon as we get back to the depot, but regardless of how late or how knackered I am, I'll always stop by the car wash and hit the Jeep with a pressure hose to get all the crap off her. Its amazing the amount of stuff that comes out if you know where to hose!

She doesn't have to shine, but I at least get the mud off the underside.

PS. since this trip I've not fitted the new front bar.. and a set of 5 new Goodyear MTRs! Can't wait for the next trip!!
    Absolutely right. I hose under every nook and cranny, Its amazing how much get's caught. Then I re do it again a few hours later and more stuff comes out!!!. It's worth the effort.
    ps can I ask what size tyres you bought and at what cost? Thanks

I got a set of the new Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar MTRs. I will admit it was at mates rates, ie. cost. I believe they retail at $410 each...

When I get a chance I will post up some pics.

Thinking of going up there for the day havent been there before, can anyone enlighten me on some 4wd tracks that can map out on a topo map.

Thanx in advance.

Does any one have a GPS route of this trip we did recently? I seemed to have not had it recorded on my GPS. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC
    Does any one have a GPS route of this trip we did recently? I seemed to have not had it recorded on my GPS. Thanks
    Go top the Favourite Club Desitnations section in Club Matters and it's all in there with waypoints and directions

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Thanks Steve. I never know that was there...
    BTW when are we able to organise another there? I liked that

I have the trip log somewhere in my iPhone. I'll will work out how to get it out and post it up as well.

The combined club trip in October will be camping at Rydal and one of the trips being run will be Mt Walker, there will be other trips in the same area or very close.

Brian and I will be running an easy trip in the morning then an optional harder section of hill climbs in Jenolan state forrest