Thread: Scott Badman 1995 XJ Limited

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Must have been one hell of a fright!!!

Very odd, the tailshaft been out recently? basically what I'm saying is if there was any chance they had loosened then its possible for a bit of load to snap them.

Cheers
    Steve
    The rear driveshaft is one part I've never touched! Kay did say she felt a vibration pulling onto the M7, but it went away after a short bit.

I've already started sourcing parts to repair the damage, starting with a NP242 off SteveT today. Like new, only been tipped upside down once

Do not like this "timed out" from using/posting once already logged in... waste's a lot of time.. tried to copy this but unable to do so because I used a quote from Scott B. as informed by my comp.techs' at home.......
    ---I've already started sourcing parts to repair the damage, starting with a NP242 off SteveT today. Like new, only been tipped upside down once --- Scott's quote----.
    Haha.... lost all the smiley thingy's as well, not that impressed.........
    Have an ZJ tailshaft ?? does anyone know if it will it fit an XJ( both have/had a D35 diff)-- length issues etc??. You can have it Scott if needed ( least you know it will stay on even with extreme 4wd usage-- bring back the smiley thingy's please, been smiley deprieved lately??).......................Stephen T.
    Last edited by stevet; 11-04-10 at 05:02 PM.
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

the straps and small bolts on these yokes are a common fail
    replace yoke with one that takes u bolts