Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scott Badman 1995 XJ Limited

Me like...! Any "seat of the pants" difference in a HP gain felt??
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Cpage66 View Post
    Me like...! Any "seat of the pants" difference in a HP gain felt??
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to give it the full berries, my exhaust guy said he noticed the rear driveshaft had a bend in it, about 10mm deflection. When I looked underneath I found one of the 4 u-joint strap bolts missing and one leg of the uni completely flogged out!

I've ordered a new u-joint and a pair of u-bolt conversion kits (front & rear), and will look at getting the driveshaft straightened rather than a whole new one. Budget won't quite allow for a SYE & CV driveshaft at this time!

Visitor

Well the 'budget' got torn to shreds didn't it!

After some weeks in the shop (J Mac Diff & Gear), I now have a Chrysler 8.25 rear diff from Wooders with 29 spline shafts and 4.10 ratios. The front was also regeared to suit, with all bearings replaced, U-bolt kit installed, and the Lokka reset in the replacement carrier (thanks SteveT!). The rear driveshaft was shortened and straightened, and new unis put in.

Gears aren't bed in so no full throttle take offs yet, but what a difference already! Especially as I'm still running on 30's, I've got the power back and then some from stock.