Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11.58pm: Night-Stalkers Drive

Default 11.58pm: Night-Stalkers Drive

Howdo,

I've had to pull out of the Saturday 10th Oct Watagans drive. But still on holidays. I'm looking to register a Menai Night-Stalker ride for this night/early Sunday (11th) morning. Considering a near-MIDNIGHT RV. Then a night drive around the place. If there are any takers, advise here. Guests with/without own vehicles would also be welcome. Trip to be bona-fide registered with SJC, 4WD association, traditional/local land owners etc etc as required.

NO time limit - got all day Sunday too. Can do an early-morning 'lunch'/'breakfast' break, maybe under pre-dawn stars.

As I'm going to Bylong this weekend, notification will have to be put forward no later than THURSDAY 011009. If your'e cool with that, post up. Should be a tripout.
    CRB

Visitor

Default Re: 11.58pm: Night-Stalkers Drive

Quote Originally Posted by CraigB
    Trip to be bona-fide registered with SJC, 4WD association, traditional/local land owners etc etc as required.
    Stevet or Heidi are the people to talk to about access, as they are on the Menai committee. They're the ones that require notification.

Bear in mind also that all participants need to have attended a cleanup in the last 12 months. I'm sure Steve or Heidi can fill you in on the other details.

As for me, I've done a Menai night drive not long ago. Details were in the September edition of the Wave.....

Thats right Scott. So I'm waiting for those who qualify and want to come along. I suppose it could be a bit radical, but thats cool: I'm fine going there solo, just want to get it right with the paperwork thing. General invite posted for anyone else in club. To be honest, not expecting any takers. I'm still going though.
    CRB

Visitor

Sorry sbadman and myself are busy that night.

You will need to register the trip via the form on the Association website.

http://www.4wdnsw-act.asn.au/members...hp#MenaiAccess

Any one attending will need to have attended a clean up in the past 12 months.

I actually thought you will needed rego numbers of those attending as well to be submitted at least a week before the trip. I will double check that.

We can't go as need to do a reccee Jenolan for the combined clubs trip the following weekend.

Hi Craig,
    You will need to inform Dave Erwin( trips Coordinator) of the planned trip, names and rego details of all attending drivers at least 7 days ahead of the planned run as well as the other requirements to drive at Menai and also the post-drive requirements (look at the Menai access proceedures page). Guest can only attend if they have completed ALL the requirements and are a financial member of another 4wd club associated with the 4wd assoc.
    You will receive back via Dave an email from Troy Campbell giving you permission for your run there...
    JC Member# 094

Thanks Steve,
    Will do it Thursday.
    CRB

Visitor

To be honest, not expecting any takers. I'm still going though.
    CRB
    Well if it helps night runs there are a well worthwhile experience Everything changes at night!

Looks like I got registered etc but navigating site to book something at Menai is....difficult.

need help here - 1 truck, BJA-22H, 11pm onwards, 101009 to 111009. It cant be that hard?...................................can it?............................................... .............
    CRB

Hi Craig,
    Sorry, I did not realise that you wanted to start your run from 11.00p.m. Generally "night runs" are expected to finish between 10.00p.m till 12mn due to previously raised concerns from adjacent neighbours to late night activity at Menai, and as a courtesy to them to reduce their frustrations/complaints, no midnight runs will be approved by the Menai committee chairman ( he has sole final decision on any run at Menai) , Delays in departing do occur( breakages, recoveries etc) so they are "expected to occur" and are catered to, so to speak but are still expected to keep noise/disturbance level down to the lowest level as possible if it does happen to occur . "Official" entry/departure route is via Gate No.6. .
    Looks like I got registered etc but navigating site to book something at Menai is....difficult.

need help here - 1 truck, BJA-22H, 11pm onwards, 101009 to 111009. It cant be that hard?...................................can it?............................................... .............
    CRB
    That's why you book your run via the club trip's coordinator and let them get your approval email from the committee chairman before your run goes ahead as per agreed access agreement with the local land owners..You drive there under the assumed acceptence of all the access/usage requirements with the relavent parties involved in keeping the place open for our use....
    Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094