Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Badman 1995 XJ Limited

Visitor

Default Scott Badman 1995 XJ Limited

New snorkel fitted today, so figured it's as good a time as any to post in this section!

Mostly stock with exception to a 2" lift/30" mud tyre combo, plenty of lighting, UHF. Extractors are also a recent edition after the trademark cracked factory manifold prevented passing rego.

Pics of new snorkel in my gallery http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/index....g2_itemId=3700

Default Re: Scott Badman 1995 XJ Limited

About time you posted up or CHERO Looks good nice work

Visitor

Default Re: Scott Badman 1995 XJ Limited

Retired the Uniden UH-013 from active duty yesterday, it's given me close to 10 years of service in various vehicles, but having the selection knob working intermittently is a problem when most of the functions depend on it!

Sitting in it's place (a bit to the left actually) now an Icom IC-400PRO

Visitor

New dual battery system installed last weekend (dual alternator system on the back burner for now )

On the advise of Steve F I purchased two Supercharge Gold batteries, size MF50. I also purchased a Piranha auxiliary battery tray and 100A Redarc isolator. The batteries are connected with 2 gauge cable with an upgraded 2 gauge ground between the main battery and body. I bought the cable and most of the terminals from Jaycar, the negative wingnut terminals from Supercheap. The cost of the terminals with the integrated voltmeter was identical to those without ($30), so I went for individual voltmeters on each battery.

The Redarc cut out voltage is 12.7V, as you can see in the photos the voltage is at 12.8V and the isolator is still connected. Once the charging voltage is detected (~14V) the isolator connects the batteries after a few seconds, ensuring the main battery has priority. At this stage I haven't connected the manual over-ride, but will do so in the near future with an indicator in the cabin. Running off the aux battery is all the main beam and auxiliary lights, UHF, and rear outlet for the fridge.

It won't save my alternator, but at least I know I now have 3.5 hours of reserve capacity under the bonnet
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good!
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

wow I didn't think it's possible to fit second battery under the bonnet of xj

Easy Mines been under there since 2002 now and still going strong (at least now I have the Supercharge batteries) One thing I have noticed is get decent batteries, with a good warranty etc, you get a lot of heat under there and heat kills batteries so a good strongly built battery is important when you take up even more under bonnet room.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

OK, so when you coming over to do mine! hehe... but we must talk some time Scotty!

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by sbadman View Post
    New snorkel fitted today, so figured it's as good a time as any to post in this section!

Mostly stock with exception to a 2" lift/30" mud tyre combo, plenty of lighting, UHF. Extractors are also a recent edition after the trademark cracked factory manifold prevented passing rego.

Pics of new snorkel in my gallery http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/index....g2_itemId=3700
    Hi mate, could you tell me more about yours 2" lift kit/30" mud tyres please...
    Cheers

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by gomesoceano View Post
    Hi mate, could you tell me more about yours 2" lift kit/30" mud tyres please...
    Cheers
    Lift is simply 2" spacer blocks, you can get it as a Rubicon Express kit from Wooders with the shocks. I bought the blocks 2nd hand cheap and the shocks separately when the old ones felt worn out enough.

Tyres are Maxxis Buckshots in 30"x9.5"x15", I paid $180ea from Bob Jane, but I believe they can be had cheaper than that. Alternatively the Nankang Mudstars are exactly the same pattern but possibly a slightly different compound, Pm Cpage66 for more info, as he runs them on his rig.