Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aftermarket wheels on JK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default aftermarket wheels on JK

Hey Reyzor,
    How do you find the wrangler runs with 35" tyre rolling diamater? Are they wrapped around 17" rims?

I'm considering a 15" rim with 35" tyres for off-road. I have the unlimited, not Rubicon, so was considering re-gearing to a 4.88:1 ratio would be needed to run the larger rubber. At the moment, my interim rubber is Cooper STT 33"x12.5"/R17's.

As a matter of interest, I've been considering Simex Jungle or Extreme Trekkers, purely for off-roading. Any idea or experience with these?

CraigB

yeah they are on 17's...seem to find it ok, although i havent had much experiance as to what to look out for.

i havent had any experiance with the tires your talking about...

Hey CraigB from my experience the simex et2s are junk and the jungle trekkers even worse, If you are after a hard core bias ply purely for offroading you cant go past interco. Im running the tslsx in a 36x12.5 on a tj at the moment and they are unstoppable in any terrain. My personal favourite though are the boggers of death but they dont do sideslopes well.

Ok reyzor, I'll go with that - though I'm going to drop to a 15" rim for the offroaders. Theoretically the diff ratio has to change, but I've heard of another JK Rubicon with 35's, straight on stock rims, no problems either.

Thanks azas. I've asked 4 people and got 3 answers like yours. It's enough. Looking to go to 35" up from the 33's next. Plan B was Mickey Thompson Baja Claw...I'll check those tyres of yours next if we ever meet up on a trip.

Either of you guys going to Wheeny Creek Sunday 2oth or Menai the week after?
    CraigB

Quote Originally Posted by CraigB
    Ok reyzor, I'll go with that - though I'm going to drop to a 15" rim for the offroaders. Theoretically the diff ratio has to change, but I've heard of another JK Rubicon with 35's, straight on stock rims, no problems either.

Thanks azas. I've asked 4 people and got 3 answers like yours. It's enough. Looking to go to 35" up from the 33's next. Plan B was Mickey Thompson Baja Claw...I'll check those tyres of yours next if we ever meet up on a trip.

Either of you guys going to Wheeny Creek Sunday 2oth or Menai the week after?
    CraigB
    Hi Guyz
    I have a JK and just switched from 35' kumho's to 33' Baja claws both on 16's as I was told the discs are too big on the jk for 15's to fit - anyway with 35's and std gears - 6th gear will only work on flat ground lol and 1st felt like second!!! cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

I'm running 34" baja claws on 16" rims with 4.01 ratios (6sp man).

Works fine. I thought I might need to regear before I did the tyre mods but you can hardly tell the difference.

keep in mind though that i have the Rubicon, not sure what model yours is, but im pretty sure i have different ratios, unless you guys have the Rubi, if thats the case then ignore my comments

i have a rubi.

its in my sig.
    | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

shows how much i pay attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor
    shows how much i pay attention to detail.
    I wish now that I waited and got a Rubi - I dislike having to get under the front end to pull my swaybar disconnects - i wish i knew rubi had better gears and - it looks like lockers are going to cost me a small fortune !!! lol - ouch - I changed down from 35's - to get my jk engineered - so on the bright side - i am finally legal! ya
    Luv My Jeep!