Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Simpson Desert Trip July 2010 (2nd Attempt)

Thanks Jaffas, great work. And yes, Waukaringa Ruins are on the Itinerary, as are Farina and Cadelga, and I believe there are more on the Birdsville track - Lake Harry etc... but I haven't seen those before. 4 days till lift off!

Dave

Reading the post about the Short-Notice Trip I reckon the Desert Trip will hold the record for the Longest-Notice Trip for a long while.

I am ready to go. Anyone else leaving Saturday morning that will be joining the 7am convoy to Cobar (besides Dave, Eddy and I)?

We will be heading out Friday to Cowra to meet up with Ian and Ann. The Sat we will drive west and go as far as we can, maybe Ivanhoe, maybe Meridee lakes or something... aim to be in Broken Hill Sunday just after lunch.

Hi All,

Thursday! Thought I had better get on and say to those heading off to Broken Hill today, and Friday, and the rest of us on Saturday, BE SAFE and TAKE CARE! It is a long trip, but a good drive.

If you are heading into or out of Cobar around dusk and dawn, watch out for the goats. Last time I went through there were thousands of them all over the road etc. And of course anywhere on country roads around dawn and dusk and at night, there are skippies.

Jaffas, I'm jealous. Never been to Menindee (is on the list). Bring photos!

See everyone in Broken Hill on Sunday. Glen, Ed and I should get to the Caravan Park around lunchtime, so we will have the afternoon for a relax, maybe a sightsee or shop, and dinner out. Plenty of good eating in BH! I'm also jealous of anyone getting there early - make sure you head out to Silverton, look at a mine, and the view over the Mundi Mundi plains (you can see all the way to the Flinders ranges).

I hope everyone has my contact details - I have emailed them, and they were on the rego sheet. Any problems or questions please call me!

Happy trails,

Dave

Have a great time everybody .. drive safe .. look forward to hearing all your stories.

Maggie

Have fun out there folk's but remember to be safe, we all want all of you back, especially Scot B. so you guys can fill up the club mag with your adventures from the trip............See you all when you are back......................
    Cheers,
    Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094

Have an awesome time guys. Don't forget if you need to fill up at Willcania the BP is cheaper than the Shell - but of the main road so you need to look out for it

Jealous as all hell, Safe travels & maybe I can to go on the next one.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Hey guys,
    Even though I said I would pick up the Sat phone, the delivered to me, so nice of them. The number for it is 0147 160 242
    OK, time to go finish packing, see you in Broken Hill!

Cool

Drive safe, see you there, and thanks for organising the phone!

Dave