Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BEN's (MOP44R) JK

Visitor

Default BEN's (MOP44R) JK

Hi Guys,

Here is my truck, love the Jeep first one and wouldnt go to another make if you paid me now.

2008 JK Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited CRD
    17” Mickey Thompson Classic II with 35” MT MTZ (Will be going claws with Stuans soon)
    OME 2” lift (Will be going 4” Long Arm kit very soon)
    Superior 4.56 diff gears
    ARB Diff guards
    ARB Front winch bar with Warn 9500Ti Winch with plasma rope
    ARB Rock rails
    ARB Rear Bar with Jeep tow bar
    ARB Rear Air Locker
    ARB Compressor with tyre inflator
    Safari Snorkel
    Bushwacker Flares
    Longranger 68L Aux tank
    Lightforce HID Spotties
    HID Headlights
    GME UHF + Aerial
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MOP44R; 18-02-10 at 05:41 PM.

Visitor

Hey Guys,

Just found out my truck will be on the cover of 4WD Action #148 in late April, so keep a look out

Cheers

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by MOP44R View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just found out my truck will be on the cover of 4WD Action #148 in late April, so keep a look out

Cheers

Ben
    I hope your SJC sticker is visible in the pics.

Maggie

Visitor

Hi Maggie,

Sort of, the side my sticker is on was the same side I damaged a bushwacker flare on the Watagans trip so not many shots were taken from that side, but anyone that knows the sticker will see it clearly.

Cheers

Ben

Visitor

Finally finished our camper trailer before I went away, christened it the long weekend up at Lithgow/My Walker and had a blast even though it was a long drive home that night but we started building the trailer back in September so 9 months later on a project meant to take 3 weeks it was a pleasant day to know we were finished.

Basically the same height as my truck, 31” A/T Tyres, Silver hammer tone all over, 120L water on board, Kitchen set up, King size bed, main tent is a great size but can add another 5 rooms making the tent 38 Foot long, gas hot water, 3 jerry can holder, 2 gas bottle holders, everything is lockable and dust proof, Fridge slide for 80L Waceco Fridge/Freezer… I sure Im missing some things but basically has everything we want and more.

Thought we were going in the chicken track way but the loggers have been in a cleared a hell of a lot and lost our bearings ending up taking it up the huge hill that takes you to the huge power lines, very hairy but the Jeep (with the aid of lockers) pulled it no problem.

Now its just time to use it..!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Visitor

So thanks to winning $38,415 on Tuesday's Melbourne Cup ($20 first four, $20 Trifecta, $50 second place, $50 Third place) I just ordered my new suspension kit from the States FINALLY.

Ive been all over the place with what to get and what not to get but finally decided to go for a Clayton Off Road 4.5" lift kit, with long arm front, remote reservoir, 1310 Tom Woods Drive Shafts and now looking at getting ORO air operated sway bar disco's like Miraz's..

CANT WAIT

Means I will have a 2" ARB suspension lift for sale and a few other bits and pieces soon too if anyone is interested.

8 weeks is a LONG TIME though - Come on slow boat from USA

Maaaaaaaaaaate
    Thats awesome - congrats!. 8 weeks will feel like 8 lifetimes! D'oh
    Your Jeep will be sweet with all the new kit!
    cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by MOP44R View Post
    So thanks to winning $38,415 on Tuesday's Melbourne Cup ($20 first four, $20 Trifecta, $50 second place, $50 Third place) I just ordered my new suspension kit from the States FINALLY.

Ive been all over the place with what to get and what not to get but finally decided to go for a Clayton Off Road 4.5" lift kit, with long arm front, remote reservoir, 1310 Tom Woods Drive Shafts and now looking at getting ORO air operated sway bar disco's like Miraz's..

CANT WAIT

Means I will have a 2" ARB suspension lift for sale and a few other bits and pieces soon too if anyone is interested.

8 weeks is a LONG TIME though - Come on slow boat from USA
    Well done.......Who said them "Jeep" fairies are not out there??........Lol............
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

So the modification GODS really arent with me... Ive been wanting this bigger lift now for ages.

Now the issue is Ive just moved back in the city and the carpark is the issue, my truck JUST FITS (and I mean JUST) now so there is no way for a 4.5" lift anymore.
    Good part is the boys at Clayton are the best blokes around and have refunded me my cash so I cant recommend them enough if your after an unreal lift.

15 month lease, only option is to look at renting a car space so maybe one day soon Ill get this fraken kit...

I'm still under 2 meters with the 37" tyres..... :-)