Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Hi Hunno

Hi Tonysrich
    I love the look of your JK especially the front end with the Warn - cheers Hunty
    I've tarted up the front end a bit more. I wanted HID's but couldn't justify the cost so I went for a pair of mid range Narva lights and replaced the 55w bulbs with 130's. I'm still playing around making a heavy duty wiring loom but when I get them going they should light up OK, that's if they don't set my car on fire, again!

Got some new plates from the wife for Xmas too. It's now official, she is "The Jeep Thing".

09122010120.jpg
    Last edited by tonysrich; 15-12-10 at 08:50 PM.

Hey Tony
    Sweet plates!!!! - you rig is looking awesome mate - dont want to be rude so pls ignore if I offend - but what are those bitchin lights worth? - pm me ?
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Drawers for my 2dr JK - Hunty

The Mrs & I are off next week on a 8000km trek - will spend some time in central OZ and so decided to toss the rear seat and make some drawers.

A carpenter I am not! so I will not bore you with a dumbass how to. (especially as I have no idea anyway! LoL - lots of wood, screws and liquid nails!)

I will however point out a couple of "Jeep Thangs"

1. - the rear floor is not flat or level
    2. - the rear seat mounts in the floor are not (in mine anyway) centered
    3. - the tub, dont what else to call it (in mine anyway) is not square!

I got out a huge hammer to flatten the little metal tabs that the removable fiber/plastic storage cover slots into.

I have made a little access hole in order to utilise the small lower storage are.

Still to come (and I havent figured out the best way to do it yet) is some kind of Piano hinge on the front end - behind the driver and passenger seat to allow me to access the 2 large extra storage areas in front of the wheel arches.

Yes I made my drawers BIG! - i wanted to use all the available space in the back of my huge 2dr JK LoL - i didnt even use sliders because I wanted to maximise the space available for the drawers! - to ensure they slide I used 17mm 6 ply with the hard shinny finish and coated them with silicone!

I relocated the sub to behind the drivers seat - it fits in there comfortably and gives better bass in the front!

Covered it all in marine grey carpet and it looks like a bought 1!
    cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!

Looks good. How did you secure it to the Jeep - through bolted into the floor?

Good to hear you made a section you can access from inside the car as you don't want to have to open your tailgate to get to your recovery gear. As this is not a;ways possible.
    Have safe & awesome trip.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Good to hear you made a section you can access from inside the car as you don't want to have to open your tailgate to get to your recovery gear. As this is not a;ways possible.
    Have safe & awesome trip.

Hey Mate
    Happy Christmas!
    I sure hope I am never stuck so bad that I cant get my tailgate open - especially as I have a winch on the front LoL
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Hey Mate
    Happy Christmas!
    I sure hope I am never stuck so bad that I cant get my tailgate open - especially as I have a winch on the front LoL
    So where do you keep the tree trunk protector, shackels, snatch block?
    You woundn't get stuck anywhere you could get 300L of Mud in your car either hey. LOL.

O' & Merry Christmas you & Jax as well.
    Last edited by Hunno; 17-12-10 at 06:13 PM.

Smile Road Trip Begins - Day 1 - Jax & Hunty

We finally got away (from Sydney that is)

and decided to head down the coast - great scenery hardly any traffic! found a great trail (power line) near Jervis bay
    went to pull on the useless handbrake to signify the fact that we had arrived at our camping spot and thought whats the point it never works anyway! LoL

Popped open our roof top tent for the first time (snapped off the attached pic - even b4 opening it fully LoL)
    through up the computer, bigpond modem, digital TV, digital boost antena, the missus and dinner then climbed up and settled in for what I thought would be an excellent nights sleep friggin rained nearly all night long which was OK because the tent is well water proof! but then cam the cyclonic wind - thought it was going to blow us over LoL - it was 11deg C last night but the tent was nice and warm - Im 6'4 and had plenty of length, the missus was happy about that too LoL - all in all it was a good nights sleep!

Headed off to Narooma this morning........

Luv My Jeep!

Looking Dam good, Very Jealous!!!

Smile Stupid JK 12v outlet & how to fix

I am happily cruising OZ on a fun road trip and all of a suden the 12v outlet stops working so what do you do?

1. Check the fusses - not as easy as it sounds - there is a stupid diagram on the lid of the fuse box under the bonnet - it doesn't make any sense so don't even bother to try and figure it out!

Solution = check M36 (drivers unswitched outlet) and M6 (Passenger switched outlet) - they should be yellow 20amp fuses.

if the fusses are good then;

2. Check the voltage on the plug on the back of the 12v outlet - first remove top dash cover using a screw driver to pry up the rear corners, then remove the 2 screws at the top over the stereo, remove the lower panel- it just pry's off , rotate anti clockwise the 2 air vents to remove , then remove the 2 lower screws and pry of the entire facia - unplug the connector behind the dead outlet and measure the voltage - you will probably find between 12.7 - 13.5 volts on the plug and yet nothing comes out the cigarette lioghter socket!

Another triumph of Chrysler engineering - the 12v outlets - IMHO they are Cr@p they become loose where they are riveted together and then they will NEVER work again lol - good luck trying to get a replacement from jeep - when rang they were non available and the guy I spoke with thought they were between $90 & $150 LOL

After some searching (in Bairnsdale VIC) I found a very nice replacement that fits perfectly into the std jeep hole at SuperCheap auto for $9.00! - its only rated to 10amps but I only run my iphone / ipad charger and Waeco fridge (3-4amps) off it so 10a will do for now (until i can find a 20a one)

So before you tear out all of your hair searching for ghosts in the wiring - check the stupid 12v socket!
    cheers Hunty

Last edited by Hunty; 21-12-10 at 09:38 PM.
    Luv My Jeep!