The Mrs & I are off next week on a 8000km trek - will spend some time in central OZ and so decided to toss the rear seat and make some drawers.

A carpenter I am not! so I will not bore you with a dumbass how to. (especially as I have no idea anyway! LoL - lots of wood, screws and liquid nails!)

I will however point out a couple of "Jeep Thangs"

1. - the rear floor is not flat or level
2. - the rear seat mounts in the floor are not (in mine anyway) centered
3. - the tub, dont what else to call it (in mine anyway) is not square!

I got out a huge hammer to flatten the little metal tabs that the removable fiber/plastic storage cover slots into.

I have made a little access hole in order to utilise the small lower storage are.

Still to come (and I havent figured out the best way to do it yet) is some kind of Piano hinge on the front end - behind the driver and passenger seat to allow me to access the 2 large extra storage areas in front of the wheel arches.

Yes I made my drawers BIG! - i wanted to use all the available space in the back of my huge 2dr JK LoL - i didnt even use sliders because I wanted to maximise the space available for the drawers! - to ensure they slide I used 17mm 6 ply with the hard shinny finish and coated them with silicone!

I relocated the sub to behind the drivers seat - it fits in there comfortably and gives better bass in the front!

Covered it all in marine grey carpet and it looks like a bought 1!
cheers Hunty