Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Visitor

bit late now, but this would have done the same thing and strengthened up the whole mount too.

Default You R Right Mr S

Quote Originally Posted by 1stJeep View Post
    bit late now, but this would have done the same thing and strengthened up the whole mount too.
    Yep
    Kinda shot myself in the foot by welding it all up - now I can't easily avail myself of modern anti DW wizardry D'oh
    cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Cool Jeep JK Airbag Suspension - does it Ramp?

Decide for yourself

Luv My Jeep!

The mighty JK earn't a few more stripes today, cruised down the freeway at the trailer speed limit with Wooders new Griswold mobile on the back LoL - sweeeeet
    Luv My Jeep!

Default Jeep JK Air bag suspension

Ive been playing with this for a couple of years now and finally made a vid

Springs have given me the ships for years - to hard to soft to tall to low - squashed with load.......... Cops see you up too high and Whammy go to low and get stuck at the Mall LoL

I installed some second hand air bags and made my own controller system with manual valves - couldn't afford a proper system at first, then eventually I bought the air ride controller with 4 individual height sensors - proper build pix to follow soon - and the iPhone app

It has been fantastic - i am able to drop down onto the bump stops at will and make it into a 1.8m carpark I can crank it up for stump jumping LoL

Best of all is the ability to;

1. drop the front for climbing steep hills
    2. drop the rear for descending steep hills
    3. drop either side depending on which way the pucker factor is LoL
    4. drop down under trailers -hook em on and picked up
    5.ability to raise the front and drop the rear when towing a car trailer and put the rear of the car trailer up very high to reverse into steep driveway
    6. raise the rear to max and drop the front to put the rear of a car trailer on the ground - no ramps required

drive around the city looking somewhat normal

I DO NOT recommend any JKers doing this - I luv it but i have invested 100's of hours

Cheers Hunty

ps here are another 7 reasons I luv em
    1. Smooth quiet ride
    2. I let a little bit of air out on the freeway and get a magic carpet ride.
    3. Smoothest JK I have ever been in
    4. when I get into 2.1m or lower carparks and park - if there is room I raise it up to full height and then disable the system - good luck theives getting it out of the Carpark LoL.
    5. I also put it up to full height sometimes when i park in questionable areas - its so high thieves can't look in the windows LoL
    6. when I'm parked at the lights and a big cruiser or pootrol pulls up next to me and looks down like "ha ha little Jeep - I wait till they turn their head and hit full up - when they look back they are like WTF as i look down on them LoL
    7. When I need to work under the Jeep - Happy days - full up

http://youtu.be/CDAdNi3uCtU
    Luv My Jeep!

Default Upgrading my CB to 80ch

Hmmm - had the Jeep so long (7yrs ish) i am now redoing mods LoL

I am very blessed, for my recent birthday my favourite brother Phil spoiled me with a new CB for my Jeep. My old CB was very good (or so i thought) but this new 80ch CB is the Bomb! makes my old one seem primitive LoL

Still gotta finish hiding some wires but overall very happy - I am also especially happy that many years ago i took the opportunity to buy an uncut dash top panel -came in very handy today

Luv My Jeep!