Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

Just wait 24hrs before you drink any water from it, that PVC glue is poisonous until it's totally dry

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

G-Day Hunty,
    Don't know if this wil work or not, however in the fuel pods of choppers they have an air bag system to eleviate this very problem.
    Maybe a kids floatie would work, or Charl suggests a post pack air bag for packing breakables from Australia Post.

Cheers

Andy & Charl

How warm will the water get to, after a day's driving ( in beautiful sunshine off course............ Lol.) being in the tubes in the sunshine on the roof I suppose??....... just curious??.............
    JC Member# 094

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    How warm will the water get to, after a day's driving ( in beautiful sunshine off course............ Lol.) being in the tubes in the sunshine on the roof I suppose??....... just curious??.............
    Maaaaaaaaaate
    It is only reserve / emergency water, I will have 20L inside as well - so I guess if it gets too hot to drink Ill just have to decant it and wait for it to cool down D'oh! LoL
    cheers Hunty
    Last edited by Hunty; 04-09-11 at 06:46 PM.
    Luv My Jeep!

Not to rain on any parades, but if you already have 20 litres of water in the car, why do you want more on the roof? Unless of course you want to use it for showers, then hot will be great! (Paint the tube black ) We only have two, one night "bush" camps, and they will be right next to rivers (full of crocs) so a bucket and rope can get you heaps of 'incidental' water.

Then again, have just read all your electrical posts. If you run out of water, and we find a straight bit of track, all you need to do is get up to 142 kph (88 mph), you already have the 1.21 gigawatts, just go back in time to when you had plenty!

Sorry, just can't help the movie references !

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 05-09-11 at 01:16 PM.

U make everything look tooooooo easy wish I could do all this stuff can I be your apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Maaaaaaaaaaate - check back a few pages on my build thread and you can see that all I did was add some washers as spacers - too easy LoL

A
    Youll need baffles inside else it will sway your truck and eventually break apart

Smile Burning some more steel

In prep for the soon (yes I'm getting excited) trip to the Cape I decided that I needed to sure up the JK Achilles heel ........ the front track bar mounts LoL

I don't want to be tightening up my trackbar / panhard bolts every 500km (my interval guess based on the corrugations in the OTR) so I have;

1. Changed the stupid Chrysler threaded bolts for slightly larger shanked 9/16th bolts - the threaded chrysler bolts have a tendency to file away at the holes until they get sloppy and ultimately Death wobble will ensue.

2. Cut out some 8mm thick plates from Stainless steel and drilled them with a hole exactly 9/16th...... welded them on both sides of the 2 mounts and then spent way too long trying to get the bolts and track bar back on my Jeep . hammering, bashing and much swearing LoL

My front end is now tighter than ......... hmmm..... its ever been. LoL

Cheers Hunty
    ps
    I still need to deal with my stupid steering damper.
    I used stainless steel in the hope that it will not easily get flogged out and I assume that the high tensile bolts will wear before the stainless steel plates wear! - they should be easier to replace.

Luv My Jeep!

Smile Tailgate - added a gas strut & some alloy knobs

Hi guyz
    I was given 3 alloy knobs for my aircon control panel, and I have tried several times to install them, but damn the factory knobs are so hard to remove - I finally decided to pull them off no matter what, so I got a large adjustable pliar/vice grips and squeezed and pulled until I almost blew a valve - I finally got them off and yes they look a little worse for wear now (especially after I squeezed and chomped on them) - If you intend to pull off the factory knobs be aware you will be in for quite a fight almost as much of a fight as the gear knob!

I bought a second hand gas strut from a very esteemed member of our Club (Rob & Tania) and finally got around to installing it, it has bugged me so much when trying to get stuff out of the back to have to hold the tailgate open! - so I drilled a hole in the tailgate tapped a thread into it and voila ....... the tailgate stays open all by itself!

Luv My Jeep!

Smile Jeeped a commodore today

I was heading across town earlier today and saw a commodore broken down in the middle lane on the steepest part of Concord Rd just near Victoria rd, I was heading the other way and thought "Poor B@$tard" it was 28 - 30 degrees . anyway an hour latter I was coming home and he was still there, with 3 lanes of traffic well 3 lanes trying to merge into 2 & 5km tail back - traffic Jam - gridlock - bumper to bumper - whatever LoL so when I finally got past him I stopped and offered to help, the poor guy told me he had been abused and honked at (he had his bonnet up and hazzards on) - So I Jeeped Him into the shade and out of harms way.
    Luv My Jeep!