Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Did You Wet the Bed - LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Awesome truck. After seeing it & sevral others on the Watto trip I want one!!!
    Hi Hunno
    are you just getting to bed now from a big night or are you awake because you wet the bed ? LoL its like 4am? - anyway I see you r in Wahroonga - im just getting up to go to work there now - small world!
    thanx for the cool comments - cheers Hunty

Hi Tonysrich
    I snapped this photo with my 5meg Nokia N96 and then when i was bored i spent a few hours cutting it out in photoshop LoL - KM2 Muddies aired down to 6psi? that should be like ? a tank or some other vehicle on trax - let me know just how awesome it is - r u on the next trip to lake Lyel ? - I love the look of your JK especially the front end with the Warn - cheers Hunty
    Last edited by Hunty; 22-02-10 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Sarcasm! lol
    Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

Hey Hunty,

are those reflections in the bodywork comped in? - they look a bit intense!
    Reflection intensity generally falls off as the angle to the viewer tends to 90 degrees.
    I just use an incidence shader.. haha

Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by D.K.; 23-02-10 at 11:24 PM.

Smile I love it when you talk techy

Quote Originally Posted by D.K. View Post
    Hey Hunty,

are those reflections in the bodywork comped in? - they look a bit intense!
    Reflection intensity generally falls off as the angle to the viewer tends to 90 degrees.
    I just use an incidence shader.. haha

Cheers
    Dave
    Hi Mate
    I took the picture on my nokia n96 on a whim - got board sitting in my Jeep waiting for the missus so i whipped out my 17'MacBook Pro and had some fun in Photoshop - Ive had heaps of comments on other jeep sites so I just decided to take some glamour shots with my 14meg Nikon - all i gotta decide is where
    so Dave what software do you use / preffer!!!
    now I gotta get back into ps and play some more
    Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

nice jeep mate just one small criticism the reflection in the side needs to be alot more hardcore

Where's the snorkel?

Smile Wheres the snorkel ?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigB View Post
    Where's the snorkel?
    well thats an easy question to answer - bolted onto the drivers side of my Jeep LoL
    Luv My Jeep!

Looking Dam good, Very Jealous!!!
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Smile Chillin in Alice Springs - (40degC LoL)

Uncharacteristically I drove through blinding rain to get to Alice Springs
    the road now has a 130kph speed limit - last time I drove up from SA it was go as fast as you want! - so i drove @ 130kph for a while until I checked my l/100 ouch 25! so I slowed back down - i guess i cant do 130 with the roof top tent unless I tow a fuel tanker behind me! Edit - there were extreme head wind - 60+kph

just as I was leaving CP this morning I got real lucky and snapped the pic below - if you look closely you will see I was able to time the shot to get a really big rig in the background!

Last edited by Hunty; 18-01-11 at 09:10 AM. Reason: added comment re head wind
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Added some extra Lights

Hey
    I got a good deal on the light bar - I planned on using it to build a platform I could film from -and then i got to thinking that it would look better with lights on it - bigmistake lol - long story short - i found 3 sets of 100w driving lights on special at repco for $27 pair - I wired them up and went out for a test drive - WOW what a difference it makes to have the lights up so high - I highly recommend it - it has to be seen to be appreciated - cheers hunty
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hunty; 12-11-10 at 08:32 AM. Reason: added Picture
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Drawers for my 2dr JK - Hunty

The Mrs & I are off next week on a 8000km trek - will spend some time in central OZ and so decided to toss the rear seat and make some drawers.

A carpenter I am not! so I will not bore you with a dumbass how to. (especially as I have no idea anyway! LoL - lots of wood, screws and liquid nails!)

I will however point out a couple of "Jeep Thangs"

1. - the rear floor is not flat or level
    2. - the rear seat mounts in the floor are not (in mine anyway) centered
    3. - the tub, dont what else to call it (in mine anyway) is not square!

I got out a huge hammer to flatten the little metal tabs that the removable fiber/plastic storage cover slots into.

I have made a little access hole in order to utilise the small lower storage are.

Still to come (and I havent figured out the best way to do it yet) is some kind of Piano hinge on the front end - behind the driver and passenger seat to allow me to access the 2 large extra storage areas in front of the wheel arches.

Yes I made my drawers BIG! - i wanted to use all the available space in the back of my huge 2dr JK LoL - i didnt even use sliders because I wanted to maximise the space available for the drawers! - to ensure they slide I used 17mm 6 ply with the hard shinny finish and coated them with silicone!

I relocated the sub to behind the drivers seat - it fits in there comfortably and gives better bass in the front!

Covered it all in marine grey carpet and it looks like a bought 1!
    cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!