Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

I had a very bad experience with extended warranties.... My previous XJ purchased from a car yard along with a 3 year warranty ( dont laugh I was new in Australia and believed every Aussie to be very honest man. I beleived him when he told me I was like his little brother and he wouldnt lie to me and said its covered bumper to bumper.......) It was covered bumper to bumper but only upto $500 each claim as mentioned in the very fine print on the very last page of a 50 page booklet... The tranny I blew was much more than that..... So wouldnt trust the car yard guys and their warranties even if they promised with one hand on the Bible.......

Visitor

Hunty your going to have write a book soon on how to rebuild a JK lol

I want to see the wheel base stretch to fit that "little V8" in..............
    JC Member# 094

Default Jeeped my first Benz

This poor guy had caused a nearly 1km jam as he was blocking the Comenarra Parkway left turn lane at the lights, Fox Valley rd. He was a pretty cool dude and fellow 4x4'r -I say he was pretty cool because he said nice things about my Jeep lol

I got to use my new low 1st gear to pull him up onto the Kerb -twas soooo sweet to effortlessly pull a big heavy car up a kerb.

Luv My Jeep!

Smile Good News Jeepers

The Hon. Duncan John GAY, MLC Member of the Legislative Council Minister for Roads and Ports, speaks at the inaugural Motor Enthusiasts Conference Eastern Creek raceway.

He addresses the topical issues relating to modifying motor vehicles.

I really appreciated his honesty, knowledge on the topic of modified vehicles and humour, he is a top bloke doing a top job.

check out the video, its full of good news.
    160kph destructive brake test = Gone, just to give 1 example

The direction the new RTA "RMA" is taking regarding modified vehicles is a huge step in the right direction

cheers Hunty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwk9Y-d6RC4
    Luv My Jeep!

Default Jeeped a mates Tractor today

Had a bit of Dejavu
    Got a call from a mate - bogged tractor ....again.
    Jeep performed well as usual LoL - another mate said "what is wrong with this picture? don't you normally call a tractor to unbog a 4x4 LoL"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-qfI4CAdc
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile how to replace drag link ball joint Jeep JK

How to replace drag link ball joint, the stupid expensive way D'oh.

Recently I was purchasing some genuine power steering fluid from the dealership when I stupidly asked "How much for a drag link ball joint?".
    I was totally shocked when the parts guy said $35bux for genuine and I can have it here in 2 hours, Hmmm I was planing on a drag link flip and other Poly Performance parts - what to do? - As I was driving the black Pearl (Pirate ship or Pile of ship LoL) all over the road and death wobble was getting closer and closer I decided to get the ball joint as a temporary measure, 2 hours latter I returned to pick up my new BJ, paid for it and as I was leaving the store I noticed I had been charged $135Bux D'oh D'oh D'oh.

1. Go and buy a ball joint separator $25 - the BJ's are tight as, and I don't think it is doable without one.

2. Turn your steering wheel to almost full lock left - this will give good access to the lock nut.

3. Using a 21mm spanner or socket undo the nut on top of the BJ, if it starts to slip you can put an allen key into the top of the BJ to stop slippage. take the nut off.

4.use your new ball joint separator - again I had use it like I planned to break it (same as my steering pitman arm remover) to remove the BJ

5. To save yourself a wheel alignment - well at least the pain of getting your steering wheel straight again - which is vital to the operation of the computer stability cr@p (I managed to avoid one) hold the drag link against the tie rod and mark the tie rod with a line or scratch so you can install the new BJ at exactly the same distance as the old one.

6. twist out the old Ball joint and screw in the new one align the mark you made on the diff, insert the new BJ into the pitman arm and tighten the nut on top, if you are as lucky as I was when you test drive your jeep the steering wheel should still point straight

I hope this is helpful - if you have any suggestions re how to improve the repair pls post up
    Cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

hahaha great... wanna do a cheap drag link flip. order a LH drive drag link when you go to fit it you will notice the ball joint will be on top of the knuckle at the wheel. got the idea from a US site the guy used a RHD drag link to do a LHD drag link flip

Cool Getting my Jambo ON

Hey Guyz
    Its time to get your Jambo on - Only 5,000hrs to go until we make Jeep history in Sydney.
    Book now people

Luv My Jeep!

Default Stupid Mirror relocation brackets

Hi Guyz

I bought a second hand pair of Mirror relocation brackets so I could relocate my mirrors permanently to the window pillar - I wanted to interchange my full doors with my bar doors and not have to worry about mirrors.

Problem
    After I installed the relocation brackets I discovered that I could not see the passenger side mirror.....WTF - the dash was in the way. What a Joke.. a very nicely made relocation Kit was useless D'oh!

Solution 1 - (bad idea)
    I bought some little sports car style mirrors and bolted them to my bar doors, not a very useful solution - really only made my Jeep legal. WAFTAM.

Solution 2 - (Much Better)
    I bought a pair of TJ mirrors (Ebay) and bolted them to my relocation brackets, successfully allowing me position the mirrors in a place where I could see them - Imagine that LoL.

I am now very happy - can see nicely behind me on both sides cheers Hunty

Old sports car MG style mirrors
    Luv My Jeep!