Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

april fools!!!!!!!

Haaa haaaaa u got me Hunty........ With someone as mod crazy as you its not hard to beleive when u say uu put a v8 in.............

That's funny, a V8 conversion in a JK overnight and running! You can come and fit mine in the CJ should only take a man of your talent a couple of hours with no electronics!

Time to go, need to see how big a net you needed on AJOR.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

April fools
    lMAO
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Bye Bye MTZ's - Hello KM2's

I have been driving on near racing slicks for some time now and finally (thanx to selling my caravan on the weekend) was able to get some new treads.

Dilema; I really wanted to go up to 35's, after all I am geared for it 4.56's but to go back up to 35's would require the modification of my front bar / airtank and would negate my engineers certificate, which I am very very happy to have! infact as I drive past mobile speed cameras and random breast testing units I sit smug in my drivers chair! - smug feels good! - yes I know they can still get me if they want to (a mate of mine is a highway patrol cop and he jokingly told me that he could defect a brand new STD commodore if he wanted to) but I still like to feel smug! LoL.

As some of you know I have been asking for advice re which tyre has the best tread pattern and tyre wear prognosis and in the end I took Geoff aka Miraz' advice and went with the KM2's

My heap is approx 2meters wide and is normally a pita to get on a hoist or lifter, Its too wide and the wheelbase is often too short, and their lifters normally wont at full stretch get the wheels in the air, I told the guys at the tyre centre that it was high and wide and probably wouldnt fit their lifter but they didnt get it! so 4 guyz and 15 min later it fall off their lifter and they still hadn't gotten in the air (LOL). One of the wise tyre monkeys decided to lift it with a trolley jack in the centre of the diffs, which normally I would object to because as my fellow JKers will know - our diffs are made of cheese, anyway I was now running late so I just held my tongue and cheered as they finally got it in the air!

I asked the guyz for my old tyres as 2 of them are still legal and 2 will do incase of "Cape trip emergency" - the guyz laughed at me; "you will never get 4 tyres in that little Jeep" - I said "really" as I drove off with them LoL

photo's can be very deceiving - the first picture shows my new km2 35' next to my old MTZ 33' - looks big doesnt it?

Take a look at the same pic in context (above) - and you will see that I ended up with 33's again and not 35's LoL
    cheers Hunty
    Last edited by Hunty; 04-04-11 at 08:16 PM.
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile 100,000km report

!00,000km on the clock now - still absolutely love it!
    replaced;
    rear disc pads - fronts still better than 50%.
    clutch - old one was still good - pressure plate was perhaps getting weak?
    balljoints - drivers side top was stuffed - replaced all 4 to be sure!

under warranty;
    clock spring.
    oil pump - 2 new engines thanx to NO Oil pressure.
    power steering pump.

Had a few leaks with the soft top,
    Got a degree in JK DW and related suspension mods.

I have wheeled it almost every weekend on some pretty tough tracks!

It is my daily drive and I use it to get to and film in remote ares of OZ.

I tow boats, bikes, cars & caravans with it - great tow vehicle.

I get crap economy now thanx to my dumbass decision to gear it wrong - it came with 3.21's and I changed it to - 4.56's on 33's - I geared it for 35's but seen as i cant get it engineered on 35's - 33's will do fine, I get good crawling speed so 15l/100km I will put up with.

The Jeep is great to drive and very capable off road.

If the engine should falter even a tiny little incy wincy bit - Ill shoot it and replace it with a V8

Last edited by Hunty; 10-04-11 at 10:07 PM.
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    !00,000km on the clock now - still absolutely love it!

If the engine should falter even a tiny little incy wincy bit - Ill shoot it and replace it with a V8

I heard it making a funny noise last weekend... Guess that means a V8 is on it's way.... Lol
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

Great photography - awesome machine... ...when I upgrade, I might look at something like yours.
    TK

Quote Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
    Great photography - awesome machine... ...when I upgrade, I might look at something like yours.
    TK
    Cheers TK
    topless is the quintessential Jeep!
    once you go rag top you wonder why you ever had a vehicle with a roof! - I love all Jeeps!
    Last edited by Hunty; 11-04-11 at 12:32 PM. Reason: im behaving NOW and it hurts! lol
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Cheers TK
    topless is the quintessential Jeep!
    once you go rag top you wonder why you ever had a vehicle with a roof! - I'd like to see the day when the SJC was chocked full of Wranglers............... LoL
    Now, now Hunty, we are an ALL JEEP club, and all jeeps are welcome, we had a KJ win our show and shine yesterday.

Maggie.