Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

well done Hunty. It takes a lot of patience plus trial and error to sometimes work these out.
    Have you tried rockauto.com ?

Check with Sandy @ thapa1978 on AJOR..... He is on here @ JK1978.... He was wrecking a JK and still has a few parts left over

"Hey Guyz

If anyone knows somebody with a wrecked 07 petrol JK in their back yard and would be happy to loan the Fuse box / TIPM to me for a while I will fix my TIPM and post up what relay to buy and where to get it

Enjoy Jeepin
    Cheers Hunty"

Of any use?

http://www.all4wdspares.com/index.ph...ow-dismantling

Happy hunting Hunty - and that wasn't even deliberate!

Dave

Visitor

Very surgical Hunty. Awesome job, you should open up a Jeep Repairs I reckon. .

I've suggested just adding a rollover/impact cut off switch....that way if the tipm does cut out in a more remote area, then at least the motor will still work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Heres the problem - in the event of a roll over or serious accident my computer cannot shut off the fuel pump - the only way to shut my pump off now is to turn off the ignition.
    So about the same as any TJ/XJ or other electric pump vehicle produced between 1980 about 2007

I just bought one of these off ebay
    Its out of a Ford Mustang and should activate upside down and at 8gs or above which equates to about a 60kph crash in a jeep (I think)

Luv My Jeep!

Smile How to replace clock spring Hunty's JK

Hey PeEpS

Cruise control not working?
    Airbag light and chime driving you crazy?

You most likely have a worn / broken clock spring!

Step 1
    Buy a new CS from Amazon, Ebay or wherever. I got mine from Amazon for fraction of Jeep AU price.

Step 2
    Straighten the steering wheel.
    Disconnect the battery, I did because I absolutely did not want to accidentally set off the airbag - didnt fancy a screwdriver in my forehead, some may say it would be an improvement LoL
    The only tools you will need are
    a long T20 torx driver,
    philips head screw driver
    bend yourself a special flat blade screw driver
    Socket, ext and driver - to loosen the nut behind the wheel - Not the Jeep enthusiast LoL

Step 3
    Remove the plastic panels around the steering column by removing the 3x T20 screws (underneath the wheel, 1 is silver and visible and 2 black ones are hidden)

Step 4
    Remove the Horn button / Drivers airbag
    by using the bent screwdriver to gently pry / lever off the cast steering wheel hub 3x U shaped spring clips (they remain attached to the Airbag / Horn - when you spring the 3rd one be ready to catch the Airbag / horn and unplug it.

Step 5
    Disconnect the white plug at TDC and remove the centre bolt that holds the steering wheel. Pull the wheel off - I didnt use a puller (some say I have expert pulling skills) just a big grunt LoL

Step 6
    Remove the blinker stalk by removing 1x Philips head screw (on the left side) and unplug it.

Step 7
    Remove the Headlight stalk, 1 x Philips screw (on the right side) and unplug.

Step 8
    Remove all the plugs from the old CS.

Step 9
    Remove the 2 silver torx behind the old CS and 1 silver torx screw near the IGnition Key Hole and gently pull off the old Clock Spring.

Step 10
    Replace CS with new one - leave the yellow CS lock in place until you have put the steering wheel back on and tightened the centre bolt.

I hope you guys find this useful and it saves you some cash
    cheers Hunty

Last edited by Hunty; 08-06-13 at 08:23 PM.
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Awesome wheelin with Greg @ Forster

Had a blast on the weekend wheelin with Greg @ Forster - plenty of awesome trails in the forests - definitely need to organise a SJC weekend camping trip to the mid north coast
    I will post up some vids soon of the awesome wheelin
    check out the pic below and wish you were there LoL

Luv My Jeep!

That is an awesome jeep Hunty, btw good to meet you at the club meeting last wednesday.

Regards

Kev