Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Well there's ya problem right there, looks like the windscreen is missing

Cheers
    Steve
    LOL
    Hi Mate
    It leaks in one place - on the passenger side where the soft top meets the front windscreen, just above the front of the passenger door!
    its a no brainer for me - but I am not going to fix it whilst the warranty Genius's are still pissing about with it - they have already replaced the front windscreen channel.

I just wished I could take my heap in to the dealership and get things fixed once and fixed properly!

The water leak has been an issue for over 18 months!
    I first requested remedial action be taken to fix my clock spring in Oct 2010 - been putting up with a safety warning chime since (including hearing it every 10sec all the way to the big rock & back 10,000km - D'oh)
    I had the clutch replaced in January - spigot bearing has been screaming ever since!
    Still waiting for parts to arrive from ?? -to fix my power steering!
    when they changed my steering damper - they miss aligned so badly that I had a noticeable lack of lock on the drivers side
    when they replaced my engine they broke some of the plastic connectors - or they died due to immense heat - either way there still broken
    when they replaced my engine last time - the rear main leaked
    I had the rear main seal replaced in January - it is still leaking
    when they replaced the rear main seal they did not replace;
    heat shield gearbox
    gearstick boot properly
    exhaust heat shield rattles

I ve been waiting since Jan for parts to fix leaking rear main , power steering and clock spring- the fact that it still leaks just adds to my dissatisfaction!

cheers
    Grumpy old man! LoL
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Going UP! - in JKS Acos style + New RE Springs

Hi Guyz
    Just thought I would post up a little How to;

Install Rear JKS Acos adjustable height spring spacers and front rubber spring spacers and new heavy duty springs

I drive a 2dr JK and pack a lot stuff into it, the 4inch lift springs that I installed over 2yrs ago have sagged to possibly less lift than a std 2" lift - Im sure it had nothing to do with my Mack truck bull bar & winch or the 200kg of equipment, drawers, bars,rooftop tent I often drive around with LoL

I have been playing around with my springs now for nearly 6 months,
    I have tried various Heavy duty & std duty springs and have decided that the Rubicon Express 4" springs suit me and my driving style pretty well!

I bought some spring compressors to make the job easier and have used them several times now on my Jeep and also several times on friends rigs whilst out on the trails wheelin to repair / replace adventurous springs LoL I don't enjoy using them - I find them spring compressors a PITA - however they do make the job possible just parked in a driveway (not on a hoist)

I do all my work myself and usually I do it in my driveway (as I dont have a garage or hoist) - so this write up assumes you don't have access to a hoist either.

Because I find the spring compressors to be a PITA I decided this time to try and change the springs without using them! (Famous last words) so I swallowed another fistful of sm@rt@ss pills and began by placing my JEEP IN LOW 4 1ST GEAR and chocking the wheels,

I always take off my doors when jacking with my high lift jack just in case the jack slips, as I don't want to scratch or ding my doors.

I decided to change the passenger side first as from experience I knew that its the easiest side.

Firstly I disconnected the front and rear sway bar then I unbolted the rear lower shock bolts and free'd up some more slack in all the brake lines- this gave me the ability to jack up my Jeep so far that the springs could just fall out - and thankfully fall out they did, thus saving me the PITA spring compressors! YAY!

I drilled several holes into the rear top spring mounts to bolt the Acos spacers into, bolted them up and installed my new springs.

Then I went to the front and carefully slid the rubber spring spacers up the bump stop shaft and installed my new springs.

Jacked my Jeep back down and adjusted my rear track bar to centre the body over the wheels.

I am very happy with the result, my Jeep looks a little tougher now LoL - I will post up early next week to report how it drives both on road and Off road wheelin.

Things to keep in mind;
    Jacking safety - don't get under your Jeep unless you have solid jack stands.

When Jacking it up to crazy height, as I did to ensure the springs just fell out, continuously check to ensure you don't stretch or damage your ABS wiring!

When drilling holes for the Acos spring spacers be careful!!!! - there are wires running over the top of the rear spring mounts which you could easily drill into!

When setting the ACOS spring spacers remember the drivers side is where you sit and also is the same side the fuel tank is on - so I gave a little more lift on the DS.

The whole task took me 2.5 hours - you could do it heaps faster if A. you have a friend help you and B. you don't stuff around scratching your noodle LoL

Enjoy
    Cheers Hunty

Last edited by Hunty; 24-03-11 at 10:16 PM.
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Testing the new suspension

I guess those that said you can't do the steps with a 2dr shorty Jeep in the rain are 100% wrong! Even the Mrs was smiling!

Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

Hunty, excuse contaminating your nice thread, ...You mean like this, but it was dry... Go the shorties
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQ1KlJkHAY

Cheers
    Dave (XSI)

Quote Originally Posted by D.K. View Post
    Hunty, excuse contaminating your nice thread, ...You mean like this, but it was dry... Go the shorties
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQ1KlJkHAY

Cheers
    Dave (XSI)
    AAhhhhh Nice to see a fellow shorty proving them all wrong! - they told me "don't try it without a stinger" - I have made it up as well - wish I had video of that! - what happened to your rear tyre?
    Cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    what happened to your rear tyre?
    Cheers Hunty
    I had just sold the 36" interco TSL that came with the rig ....
    Last edited by D.K.; 31-03-11 at 12:54 PM.

Smile Hunty's V8 Hemi finally a decent power plant!

Hi Guys
    well I think I should get the bugger award this month! - I destroyed another v6 petrol engine on the weekend
    so I decided to get rid of the pos once and for all! so yet another driveway repair! - Im sure the neighbours think that I'm a supreme red neck now as my V6 is still swinging from the tree I hoisted it out with - I am happy to report that my new V8 is now running very well - of course I will post up a how to with plenty of pics - all I can say now is Ivan & Rey can eat my dust!
    Luv My Jeep!

U r one crazy Jeeper........ Just for my knowledge How do you manage to destroy 3 brand new engines in 3 years V8 will sound nice, Probably time for a new clutch and tranny soon

you didnt really put a v8 in her did you?