Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

Like the camper Hunty, as to the TV - well that's the one thing you didn't have at the Cape! Wonder how it will go on corrugations?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrobrent View Post
    Campsite looks great Hunty,close to the water.Do you mind sharing where it is?Cheers Brent
    Hi Brent
    Happy to share...... Its on the Hawkesbury river - the caravan park is the "Riverland" its on the road from wisemans ferry to peats ridge about 5 - 10 min from the ferry - very peaceful we were the only ones there - beautiful powered sites with private shade / cooking table & seating boat ramp shower / toilet - even your own private street light / fluro
    cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

thanks for that,Brent

Smile Swap - Jeep JK HT for your Engel fridge

Hey JKers
    I need (want - LoL) and Engel fridge 40L - don't have the cash to buy one D'oh but I do have a hard top that I used for a couple of months (see pic of when it was last on my heep - pre dates Light bar, snorkel, winch and just about everything else).

Anyway I guess its gotta be worth at least $ 1500 as is the new Gold Engel aniversary fridge...... so if anyone is interested in a swap pm me.
    cheers Hunty

ps if i'm dreamin pls also post up advice - i won't be offended!

Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

Hey hunty do you have the tinted windows? I know your trying to get rid of your hard top but would you be interested in swapping?? My hard top is brand new only been on for a about 6 months

Hard Top = Sold, sorry Aussie JK (sold it on AJOR )
    Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

No worries

Smile Merry Christmas Jeepers

So who's gonna join me on the naughty list?
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile My Fatass busted the drivers seat.

Hi Guyz
    I have to admit to doing a very bad thing to my JK, I was driving along a dirt road - very wide maybe 12 - 20meters, 40 - 60kph looking for something on the back seat and not watching where I was going when I drove through a washout maybe 30cm - 50cm deep and 1-2 meters across. What a disaster! , I watched all my shoot equipment, cameras lights etc jump up into the air and hit the roof.

I hit the roof (soft top) via the sound bar and still have a sore neck (yes I was wearing my seat belt).

Thankfully I did NOT end up staring at my air bag!

I don't know how I got away with it but I I've done 500km since and I haven't Identified any damage to the JK other than my busted drivers seat.

I have after market upper and lower control arms that are designed with huge bends in them, they may have absorbed some of the impact.

I have welded up my axel C's - this may have helped to save the JK's pathetic D30.

My tyres were 29psi so i guess they sucked up some also.

I'm a 6'4 fatass and after the accident I could barely see over the dash LoL. my seat had collapsed totally.

Upon investigation I discovered that I had cracked a cast piece of metal that connects the height adjusting pump handle mechanism to the top half of the seat frame.

How to Fix?
    I could easily buy a second hand seat as there a plenty of guys replacing their factory seats- but I wanted it fixed immediately as It is my daily drive!

I decided to pull it apart and hopefully drill a hole and put a bolt in or something, Nup couldn't easily do that.

after some smart@ss pills I decided it would be very easy to manually put the seat at the desired height and weld it up - so i did.

1. There are 2 bolts each side that hold the back rest to the seat remove them.
    2. Disconnect the cable operated folding seat mechanism, remove the philips head screw that holds the white plastic cable guide.
    3. Manually set the seat height and weld up the 2 rolling hinges (dunno what to call them LoL) see pic where it says weld here!
    4. Reassemble and voilla good cheap fix!

Cheers Hunty

cheers Hunty

I am still planing to buy some decent seats one day but this will do till then.
    Luv My Jeep!

Wow...glad your ok... That sounds like it could have been a lot worse than just a broken seats and sore neck. Thanks for reminding us about the dangers of driving and the importance of being focused on the road. Take care and hope you back/neck feels better.
    Cheers jose
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks