Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

Cool Rebuilt Ball Joint - beat DW again :)

Hey
    I have been death wobble adjacent now for several months, had a couple of episodes of DW & It has really pi$$3d me off. I guess because I was struggling to identify the cause and have recently replaced my upper and lower ball joints'

I have stainless steel plates welded to my track bar mounts and new larger shanked bolts to ensure no play or slop their.

I have recently replaced the drag link ball joint at the pitman arm end and have also recently had my power steering rebuilt.

all that was left (in my dumb@$$ opinion) was the ball joints on the tie rod and the lower ball joint on the drag link - to me the tie rod looked and felt OK and I borrowed a lower ball joint and long arm from a mate - still no solution D'oh.

I just moved house and in the move I found my stethoscope so I began to listen to the ball joints whilst my beautiful wife rocked the steering wheel for me and voila - with the use of a stethoscope I could identify the ball joint on the lower end of the drag link to be faulty (yes the borrowed one was as bad as mine D'oh).

Rang the stealership and asked how much for the long arm end of the drag link and that was a real heart starter.

So I decided to get it rebuilt, they, using some kind of mill / cnc machine opened it up from behind and replaced everything - repacked it and welded it up. for a fraction of the cost. So for know I am DW free
    cheers Hunty

Last edited by Hunty; 04-07-12 at 02:30 AM.
    Luv My Jeep!

Cool Jambo onsite track construction

I had a blast today helping to build the Jambo onsite test track

The Video's show my JK trying to get over an A grade section of the track.

As you can see my B grade Jeep JK really struggles to get over the logs ( no surprises, because its on 33's not 37's
    However we all agreed if a JK on 33's can make it its not A grade so next weekend we will toughen it up a little more to ensure only the toughest A greaders Jeeps can pass!

The track is coming along nicely, if you and your Jeep have what it takes then register today for Jambo - it promises to be a great Jeepin event
    cheers Hunty
    ps
    The challenge is ON! - you know what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f9mwsshYRo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDhgkx2Rap0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYGeOTlAVgA

Check out Rey's beast eat it up
    Last edited by Hunty; 05-08-12 at 10:41 PM.
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile My @SS is toasty warm now - just fitted heated seats :)

Last minute Jambo Prep
    Jambo 2012 is nearly here - ticket sales end soon (15th) so hurry up PeEpS get you Jambo on ASAP.

I plan to run with the roof off and bar doors, Yes I could just release the heat from satan's sauna but even with the worlds hottest air pouring out from the 4 vents of death is not enough heat with the roof off @ 110kph to keep my beautiful wife warm so I decided to add heated seats - turned out to be very quick & easy.

1. unbolted the front seats 4 bolts and on the drivers side unplug the seatbelt warning plug.
    2. removed my seat covers and stuck the heating pads with the included double sided tape
    3. made hole in the centre console
    4. wired it all up
    5. enjoy driving & toasting my @ss off topless LoL
    cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!

Question, with summer comming do they cool ya @ss as well?

Quote Originally Posted by redrubi View Post
    Question, with summer comming do they cool ya @ss as well?
    my @ss is pretty cool 24/7 LoL
    Luv My Jeep!

So, that's a NO then! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by redrubi View Post
    So, that's a NO then! LOL
    Actually they are reverse cycle, supposed to freeze your nuts off! in summer.
    Luv My Jeep!

Default Led Light bar

I finally managed to win a 52inch led light bar off ebay for a good price

1. I wanted plenty of flood light to aid in nightime wheelin
    2. I also wanted a really wide spread of light to spot Roo's, Wombats and other night time creatures
    3. wanted to use less 12v power to light up - my current hallelujah lights 5x120watt use 600w or 50 amps, I know my Jk has a huge std alternator but still happy to be using less electrickery.

My 2 cents
    I have been very sceptical re the usefullness of led's vs Hids & Tungsten globes and have not been convinced yet by any demo I have seen.
    Even know I own a mean SOB 52inch 96x3watt led bar I still think my old hallelujah lights had more penetration.

I luv the led bar because
    1. Sooooo much wide flood light
    2. sooooo even - there are NO holes/gaps its wall to wall light and I luv that
    3. Less power consumption
    4. I luv all the light that shines up really high up into the tree tops (yes I know that its no use for driving but it really adds to touring pleasure).
    5. my cheap @ss old hallelujah lights needed tlc and realigning and globes and sometimes faulty earths etc - glad to be rid of them.

Overall I am glad I switched, extremely glad I didn't drop $2k on led 3 years ago when they first came out

The little vid shows me driving home into my driveway just b4 sunset - I flicked on the high beam and was pleasantly surprised when I light the house light chevy chase, i shot the vid with my iPhone and you can see for a second before it has time to adjust the exposure how much light there is.

Thats 1 more job of the Jambo prep list

Finally these lights are a real PITA to install, the allen keyed screws that change the angle are not accessible at all! - you have to unbolt the lights from your Jeep and remove the bracket that bolts them to your Jeep just to focus them - having said that they are extremely well made and when all adjusted and locked up the sit very well on my Jeep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHw4cqv9oro
    Luv My Jeep!

Default Hunty's Jambo Jeep

Luv My Jeep!

Can't find the like button
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks