Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

Smile Road Trip day 4 - Melbourne - Roughin it in a 5 star park! LoL

Well - glad to be in Melbourne
    had a great drive down the coast - pretty nice scenery almost all the way - great lakes and waterways - very picturesque!

Decided to fork out some cash for accomm tonight and lucked it big time - 5 star camping ground with our own private onsuite = bathroom inc shower basin & karzi - $35 / night peak season- good deal - got everything on charge! and the computer / internet digital TV and Antenna all powered from the onsuite! SWEEEEEET!
    I have more meetings in Melb tomorrow so a shower and shave will be good!
    really getting the whole rooftop tent thing down to a fine art - can be in it from stopping the Jeep in under 2min!
    I hope to meet up with some of Melb Jeep royalty tomorrow for a chin wag - maybe get some usefull guidence and help for our Jambo
    cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!

Im loving melbourne!

Especially the jeep store dfo docklands

Got me some jeep brand camo lol

Hunty having a blast!

Luv My Jeep!

Smile JK Oil pressure Gauge install - Hunty's JK

I threw a big end bearing 9,000km's ago and Jeep rebuilt my engine under warranty - I suspected it was an oil pressure / feed prob but the guys at Jeep service didnt - so less than 1000km's later threw another big end bearing - thankfully Jeep gave me another short motor and this time fixed the oil problem! under warranty !!!!!!!

So I decided at the very least I should keep an eye on the oil pressure!

1. spent too long looking around under the JK bonnet for the sender.
    2. Gave up because;

a) - didnt want to disconnect the factory sender. - do want to get any factory alarms
    b) - didnt want to put a Tpiece on the factory sender - wouldnt fit either.

3. looked on ebay for a sandwich plate adapter $20

4. simple install - just remove the oil filter and screw the adapter in
    5. connect up gauge in cab! - too easy LoL

Added bonus - the sandwich plate adapter has 2 spare connectors - so in future if i wish i can add another oil cooler!
    enjoy
    cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!

Smile Oil Pressure sandwich plate details

Cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile From somewhere on the Great Ocean Road

Hey Guyz
    its friggin 40+Degrees down here so I bit the bullet and added an awning! AHHHhhhhh
    sweet shade!
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile How to fix annoying air intake / wiper motor trim rattle

Hi Jeepers
    If any of you guyz are like me you hate anything rattling on ya heap!!!!
    I spent 30min the other day chasing what turned out to be the batteries in my mag light rattling - I know I have a problem lol need to take my meds LoL

Driving back to Adelaide from Australia's biggest motor museum I was forced to pull over in 39degC heat and search for another annoying rattle!!

after tapping and knocking every flare, guard and body panel I found the culprit!

It was the cabin air intake and wiper motor cover trim / panel. it was vibrating like a biotch on every bump and undulation I drove over - its a quick and easy fix!

1. Remove wipers by pulling plastic cover forward to reveal wiper lock nut .

2. Remove the 4 plastic Christmas tree type fasteners

3. Remove the 4 hex? head bolts - be carefull when replacing them as they are big girls blouses.

4. carefully pull cover trim forward just enough to clear the wiper shafts then up and out!

5. I used double sided tape - im sure there are better ways to stop vibration - if you are a panel beater or similar guru pls post up a reply!

6. re install - be careful to re align the wipers correctly and voila - no more anoying rattle

cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!

Was that the one near Hanhdorf? Great place did you have a look around the town? great Pub and German Hotdogs mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........hotdogs

Hi Wolfe
    Yes indeed - we went through the little German settlement - very nice! - I got to see my favourite OZi car of all time - phase 3 GTHO XY Falcon in pristine condition!

Jax and I really enjoyed the museum and the very windy drive up the mountain range to Birdwood!
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Chillin in Alice Springs - (40degC LoL)

Uncharacteristically I drove through blinding rain to get to Alice Springs
    the road now has a 130kph speed limit - last time I drove up from SA it was go as fast as you want! - so i drove @ 130kph for a while until I checked my l/100 ouch 25! so I slowed back down - i guess i cant do 130 with the roof top tent unless I tow a fuel tanker behind me! Edit - there were extreme head wind - 60+kph

just as I was leaving CP this morning I got real lucky and snapped the pic below - if you look closely you will see I was able to time the shot to get a really big rig in the background!

Last edited by Hunty; 18-01-11 at 09:10 AM. Reason: added comment re head wind
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Who'd a thought Uluru would be a B+ grade trip!

Delete78910 Thanx Admin!
    Last edited by Hunty; 10-01-11 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Tried to delete
    Luv My Jeep!