Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

Cool Hot sexy SJC girls

Happy New Year PeEpS

cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Happy New Year PeEpS

cheers Hunty

At least it's a Real Jeep not JoKe Jeep!!!
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Dunno Hunno whatch chew complainin bout, you've got the best set of headlights
    Luv My Jeep!

No complaints, quite happy really, besides if that was real I never leave the bedroom. One happy Shim.lol
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Jeep is clean again
    Luv My Jeep!

testing ioihjoijeojerojeqrfojerkf

Where the Hell has the delete option gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hunty; 12-01-13 at 07:03 PM.
    Luv My Jeep!

Default Good News Peeps - straight from the ministers mouth, enjoy

More good news came direct from the Hon Duncan Gay RMA head honcho on the weekend at the ACMC annual motor enthusiasts conference Sydney Motor Park, Eastern creek.
    enjoy peeps

Luv My Jeep!

Nice!

Thanks Hunty

Visitor

Thanks Hunty. Much appreciated..

Smile Cranks but won't start - fixed it :)

Hey Guyz

After seeing my JK lying useless in the drive for too long and 2 Weeks of the internet equivalent of dumpster diving searching for clues as to why my JK cranks and fails to start has led me to discover that inside the fuse box is the TIPM Total integrated POS, I mean Power manager, from what i can see from pictures on the internet the TIPM contains a bunch of computer smarts and a bunch of relays, and mine is not working as it should.

In my search to fix my JK I systematically fumbled over the following

1. Checked for spark - pulled a HT lead off and connected it to an old spark plug
    rested it on the block and cranked - I gotz spark.

2. Checked the CPS Crank position sensor - attached a obd2 tester cranked the car and got a fairly regular 250rpm reading during crank - confirming CPS

3. Checked for fuel (had a full tank) crawled under the drives side of the car and turned the key (I have very long gorilla like arms LoL) could not hear the pump running.

4. Checked the fuel pump yellow 20A fuse and it was good, applied the meter to the test point on top of the fuse and with the ignition on there was no 12+ present - my conclusion - the relay inside the TIPM was faulty

5. Rang jeep and asked "how much for a new TIMP?" they said none in stock and $815.00 D'oh

6. went on to Ebay - $200bux - BUT no guarantee that the USA TIPM will work here AND possible requirement to visit the dealer to have it custom programmed to my JK $500.00

7. Rang a few auto parts dismantlers (Wreckers) and got offered ones out of water damaged JK's for between $400 - $500 depending on Km's

NOT HAPPY JAN!

I got some good intel from my mate wikiGeoff, he let me know which of the 7 million connectors under the fuse box contained the wiring that fed the fuel pump - I unplugged it and started poking around for the blue wire with orange trace - another brilliant piece of info from wikiGeoff. anyway all the big cable looms were too short for me to do anything with so I reassembled the fuse box / TIPM and went under the JK.

Directly under are where the driver puts feet there is 20 - 30cm of wiring loom on its way to the petrol tank - i carefully split it apart and searched for the blue wire with orange trace, stripped it back and twisted a temporary wire to it and ran that directly back to the battery12v+

Cranked the engine and it started immediately.

I now had confirmed my theory that the relay in the TIPM was stuffed

I went to my Fav Auto electrician and bought a relay, 4meters of high quality automotive double insulated wire, 2x 20amp yellow fuses, 4 spade connectors and a prewired fuse.

I cut one of the fuses in half - to use it to plug into 12v ignition on power inside the fuse box, soldered a wire to it and connected to the relay 12+ trigger

as you can see in the pics below there is a good place to tap off 12v+ inside the fuse bow

Heres my temporary fix
    Feed Ignition on power to a relay and supply the fuel pump directly, bypassing the TIPM,
    It works just great - my Jeep starts and runs fine.

Heres the problem - in the event of a roll over or serious accident my computer cannot shut off the fuel pump - the only way to shut my pump off now is to turn off the ignition.

My plan now is to find a good deal on TIPM swap it into my JK have Jeep flash the info into it and pull my TIPM apart and discover which relay is dead and find a equivalent replacement relay, solder it in and post up a true budget cure

If anyone knows somebody with a wrecked 07 petrol JK in their back yard and would be happy to loan the Fuse box / TIPM to me for a while I will fix my TIPM and post up what relay to buy and where to get it

Enjoy Jeepin
    Cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!