Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

I like the photo (and the weekend) Hunty, but I should add that the photo was taken from my tinnie, not the Jeep.

Default I still can't delete my own posts - help anyone :)

I still can't delete my own posts - help anyone
    Luv My Jeep!

Default Build thread reloaded

This is where it all began for me

My Love for all things Jeep - 2000TJ
    Luv My Jeep!

Default my new JK

Then there was the "JK" complete with non matching antennae and factory issue park bench
    Snapped this photo whilst covering the fires in Vic

Luv My Jeep!

Default so it begins

Round 1 Wheels, tyres 35's and 3' Lift

Luv My Jeep!

Default Took the Hard top Off for the last time

Put the hard top into storage don't plan to use it again but am keeping just in case I change my mind or get an inner city apartment with non secure parking.

Changed my bull bars mounting arrangement and gained a few more inches of frontal clearance - set the bar behind the sub frame mounts as opposed to in front of them.

Bought some bar doors from Wooders - they give an excellent view of the trails while wheelin - some of the best money I have ever spent on my heap!

Grabbed a bikini top of ebay $50 keep my cr@p white boy skin from melting! lol

Luv My Jeep!

Sway bar disconnects, front shock relocation brackets to stop the shocks rubbing at full flex and reinforced the front axel C's - my heap looks like I had the front axel pressed to gain more negative camber - it seems to have stopped bending now!
    Jammed 4 cans of coopers (I can't beleive its not beer lol) fake beer under my heap to prove that it is actually lifted! lol - still looks too low to me.

Luv My Jeep!

Default Onboard air

I trawled the net to find a good place to mount my ARB Compressor and I have seen some really creative uses of space including under the bonnet, in behind the rear tail light, under the floor near the fuel pump and under the drivers or passenger seat, I am quite surprised just how HOT the pump gets - I would say the heat was extreme - I certainly cannot touch the pump after only filling 1x 33' mtz from 12 - 32psi - given this crazy amount of heat the ARB pump generates I rulled out under the bonnet and in behind the rear tail light and perhaps even under the seats! - plus the real-estate inside my 2dr is very expensive and i do not wish to use the under seat area for a compressor plus I would worry about the heat that would build up and maybe cause a fire!

So after much searching I decided to use the space inside my spare tyre!
    here's the write up I did.
    1. - install 40amp auto circuit breaker close to the battery
    2. - remove spare wheel
    3. - run cables in behind rear door trim
    4. - install 40amp relay in behind 3rd brake light
    5. - install on off switch
    6. - Mount compressor
    7. - Connect all wires and reinstall spare wheel
    Enjoy using your compressor with lots of natural airflow!
    Cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!

Default Stupid Stupid BAS, ERM,ESP,BLDL,ABS blah blah blah - kill switch

Who could believ 1 little red switch could bring such pleasure - I di dthe crazynuts mod

A long long time ago (sep 09) I was wheelin on Fraser island in high 2 running along at 80kmh the legal speed limit on the island - I was driving with some Toymota's & Missuns -and went over a gentle little sand mound -the car lunged a little and then the stupid Jeep JK took some of my accelerator and then started to apply the brakes - 20sec latter I was in 1st gear trying to build up some momentum again this happened repeatedly and seriously pissed me off - so I tried 4x4 high same thing happened - so I tried holding the esp button for 7 sec to try and disable the annoying stop and go slow bloody useless @$#%#@& JK computer - this worked well untill i hit 40kmh and the @#$%$#@ thing cut back in and continued to piss me off!!! so I tried 4x4 low range with the 7sec esp button application and I was away again following my mates - im now driving @ 75kmh in low range 6th - great!!! the tacho was in the 3000 - 4000 range - so what I thought - well 10 min latter I looked at the fuel gauge and I swear i could see it moving - so I interigated the l/100 and discovered to my pain that the normal 10 - 13.5l/100 I normally get was steadily climbing and after only 10min @ 75 in low 4x4 6th the gauge read 18.5 - ouch!!!! so wtf was i to do - fuel is about $2.00 litre on Fraser!
    The next time i was on Sand - i was on stockton beach - i needed to snatch a friend in his disco - heres what happened - I connected the strap backed up to his bumper and hit it hard - the disabled disco (poor useless v8 had died from heat exhaustion) was instantly plucked out so i decided to try and pull him off the beach and back to the road - so as not to incur a huge towing charge to recover his vehicle - well you guessed it first sign of wheel spin and I got brakes and throttle cut - thanx very little Jeep JK!!!!!!!!!
    last but not least I was driving up to the freeway from gosford (winding uphill road) and some fool in a gas barby powered nissun overtakes me - so given my aussie red blood and stubborn jeep pride I decided he was not going to just pass me in 1 of the corners so I booted it and you guessed it - the yellow light of death flashed a few times on the dash & the stupid jeep jk computer was getting scared - i think the g force calculator / sensor $4!t$ itself above 50kmh - anyway as i watched the nissans rear end disappear i could only think of what could have been if the @#$#@# thing would just $#@#$ off!! and let ME DRIVE MY CAR!!!!!!!!!! - (ok - im calming down now)
    alright let me get to the point
    I fitted a red light / switch to my dash and wired it up according the Great "Crazy nuts" post on how to deal with the esp bas erm & abs - and now i am sooooooo happy
    thankyou "Crazy nuts" you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

I can now wheel as hard as I like and if I choose to - I can stop the JK's computers messing with my ride!
    cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!