Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A choice of tyres ??? of the 33's variety

Default A choice of tyres ??? of the 33's variety

Well, it has come to that time where the Goodyear MTR's have done 80k km's and are starting to look a bit shabby. Thought I might get a new set before Camp Coffs so I don't slide around too much!

I have really enjoyed the MTR 33 x 12.5 R15's, but am wondering what choices are out there now in the mud-terrain variety... it has been nearly 4 years since I last looked.

So I decided to start where all good research starts -> on an internet forum!

So tell me what you think!
    Last edited by Jaffas; 01-03-10 at 09:03 PM.

with my tj (driftdaves car now) i used to run dick cepek fc2's..... a real good all terrain....

Cool

if you want a good all around tyre the mickey thompson mtz has a good rep from all i know who have them
    the bfg km2 muddies are slightly more aggressive but mtz better all round
    but i personally love my baja claws awesome off road well mannered onroad once you get use to them

i've always been a fan of the BFG's, after running the MTZ for some years now, they have been great on all the trips that i've done. The TriGard® construction — innovative 3-ply polyester carcass, realy helps when you side bit the tyres. But in saying that, after the last run i did with the the club i realy like the way wolfe's Baja claws worked that day.

So i'm with Marcus. BFG or Mickey T's

Visitor

Yes I agree with Rey

Very happy with the FC2's true AT tyre

Cheers
    Dave

Visitor

Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy tires? A local retailer? Online? Online from the USA? This would be to purchase 33" alterain tires.

While not 33s I'm very happy with the Km2's. if on Sydney, north shore try Able tyres in Brookvale - cheaper by miles than else where that I tried back in Aug 2009 for BFG, They also provide finger balance (what ever that means)....

Well, I decided to take up goodyears' 4 for 3 sale, so new MTR kevlars, here we come, have been ordered, installed later this week!

what they cost can I ask and what size did you get

Are they the one's with the unidirectional tread design Jaffa's??...
    JC Member# 094