Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stockton Trip 8th May 2010

Hi guys

I am planning a little holiday with family at Nelsons Bay, so will see you guys at the Lavis Lane entrance. Can you please let me know roughly what time to see u there.

Mani

Visitor

Hi Guys,

Ive been putting final touches to a camper trailer Im building which is why I havent been on many trips or late, that and until recently looking for another job which I finally found one last week.
    But as a result of the trailer I finally painted it last weekend and wiring this week and need to get it registered this coming Saturday so looks like Im out of another trip but will be back in action soon and back driving my Jeep the way I like, in 4WD.

Cheers

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Possibly, but it must have been a lot worse/hotter than mine, mine drips and the drip smokes off straight away. It just gets stinky after a while of it. I'm guessing Tonys must have pumped a fair bit out for it to catch fire.

Cheers
    Steve
    The problem with mine wasn't just that the auto trans fluid (ATF) leaked but the heat of the ATF when it did. ATF needs to be up around 400 degrees F to ignite and keep burning. The normal operating temp for ATF is around 180 to 190 so a leak isn't a problem in itself but the ESP system in the JK tends to be over active in the sand which can easily get the ATF up to 400 and higher. I suspect that in my case the ATF got to around 600, the boiling point of ATF which caused it to boil out of the dip stick tube and the transmision breather. My advice to ALL auto JK owners is to get a decent auto trans temp gauge fitted before doing any prolonged sand driving.

Quote Originally Posted by tonysrich View Post
    The problem with mine wasn't just that the auto trans fluid (ATF) leaked but the heat of the ATF when it did. ATF needs to be up around 400 degrees F to ignite and keep burning. The normal operating temp for ATF is around 180 to 190 so a leak isn't a problem in itself but the ESP system in the JK tends to be over active in the sand which can easily get the ATF up to 400 and higher. I suspect that in my case the ATF got to around 600, the boiling point of ATF which caused it to boil out of the dip stick tube and the transmision breather. My advice to ALL auto JK owners is to get a decent auto trans temp gauge fitted before doing any prolonged sand driving.
    Not to get off topic but I'm also fitting a temp gauge for the auto while it is out.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

back on topic: I'm out for this trip.

Have fun!

Visitor

Im out for this trip to.

Visitor

Put me down for the drop out too, unfortunately at this time making money by working is preferable to spending money on petrol!

Visitor

Hi everyone

Sadly we are out too - Adam will be working to try to pay off some mods we are trying to do before the Simpson trip. Have an awesome time and we hope to make the next Stockton run!

Cheers

Michelle

Chris I would like to come and will see you at Lavis Lane about 8;30

Apologies folks...have not had a chance this week to get the rear diff done...I'm out.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus