Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hybridxj (XJ)

Visitor

38's.......... you use to run those on the patrol didn't you? Also how come the coil overs are angled towards the back?
    Last edited by aussiejk; 05-07-11 at 05:29 PM.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by aussiejk View Post
    38's.......... you use to run those on the patrol didn't you? Also how come the coil overs are angled towards the back?
    Yeah mate..but not on the XJ yet. The coilovers are angled backwards because of their length and the space available to locate the upper mount. But it also gives me more ability to angle them inwards at the top to maintain correct spring loading throughout the travel range from full flex to compression.

Visitor

Attachment 956Attachment 957Attachment 958Attachment 959Attachment 960
    Have relocated the top mount on the coilovers to allow for better travel under compression.

Visitor

This is how the jeep looks now after lowering it, putting front and rear mudflaps on and making a set of brush guards to widen the overall width of the front bar and to cover the the full width of the tyers. This all has to be done to have any chance of engineering.170320122318.jpg170320122322.jpg

I reckon it looks great IMHO how did you do the mud flaps?

nick, we need to talk about brush bars..... pretty much what im after for mine :P

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    I reckon it looks great IMHO how did you do the mud flaps?
    Thanks mate - The mud flaps are made out of conveyor belt material and up the front are mounted on a piece of alloy angle, tech screwed to the end of the sill protector bar. The rears are screwed directly to the inside of the wheel arch and a section of the flare. They’re pretty permanent at the moment so I’ll be making them differently soon, so that they are quick to take off before going bush.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    nick, we need to talk about brush bars..... pretty much what im after for mine :P
    No worries! I made these ones with a shitty pipe bender and some old water pipe, but I'm about to get one of the JD squared tube benders, so will be able to do a much better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridxj View Post
    No worries! I made these ones with a shitty pipe bender and some old water pipe, but I'm about to get one of the JD squared tube benders, so will be able to do a much better job.
    Nick sounds like you will have a line up for some cages bent up with that JD squared

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by AussieCJ7 View Post
    Nick sounds like you will have a line up for some cages bent up with that JD squared
    Yeah that's true! I also think I may have some custom long arm kits to make, so between that, building my house and work.. I'll have no time to think