Thread: Darryl and Kathy's TJ

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Darryl and Kathy's TJ

Hi everyone,

Recently rejoined the club and thought I'd post up some pics of our current TJ.

Not looking to go over the top with the build, more looking for an everyday vehicle for Kath and something that can do most things ok.

So far we've added a Metal Cloak front bar, 17" AEV rims and 32" KM2's, a OME HD lift along with an ARB rear bar. Still need to add in some sway bar disconnects for the front, sill protection and still tossing up over a 1" body lift along with a tummy tuck and fuel tank lift.

Quite happy with the outcomes so far, as it rides and handles much better than my last TJ with 4.5" SA and 33's. We're looking to do a little touring and after recently returning from a trip towing a hired Cub camper we were more than happy with how its all working.

As usual customer service from the US retailers has been exceptional but can't say the same about our dealings with ARB locally. From them supplying the suspension kit with bolts that didn't fit the supplied nuts for the rear drop panhard bracket, to the replacement steering dampener that is only suitable for LHD fitment (needed a bracket from Blackjack welding to work) advising them about this brought a don't care, we'll give you a refund if you like attitude . Also had problems ordering the rear bar, as confirming it had a integrated tow hitch only brought up replies from numerous stores that no it doesnt and we would need the rear bar and a Hayman Reese tow bar combo.

Worked out, that the 3 different ARB locations contacted were looking at their JK offerings. A call to head office that initially gave me the same reply changed, when the poor guy that I was banging on to took the initiative to go have a look in the warehouse. Yes, it does have a rated tow hitch! not a bad purchase for less than $700 with club discount. Only downside is weight and its a bugger to fit.

Anyway, heres a couple of photos of how the Jeep stands currently, looking forward to getting out on a few club trips.

Last edited by Daz7; 12-11-13 at 01:24 PM.