Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Up and Away

Default Up and Away

Expression of interest:

Struck a good series of technical driving trax outside Nowra. Not everything is closed. Looking for an opening day - maybe around end of May. Can go ANZAC long-weekend for a day trip for anyone interested or still intact after Olly's Watto's run on the 24th.

Entry, exit and general drive-in/out is easy. One paticular track off-shoot is gnarly, (call it 'Landie') rough equivalent would be as good/better than Farrels2/3 up in Watto's. In addition, a spec hill climb that breaks MX bikes, plus bits and pieces of any vehicle or person (call it 'MX'). Face it, if it breaks you dont need it anyway.

Suggested Mods: Stock vehicles ok for most of the run, but would not do 'Landie' or 'MX'.
    Otherwise, look for min 33's, 2"up. TC/locked a nice bonus.

Complete run is approx 8 - 10 hours round trip, ex-Syd. Meeting to be at Gerringong town centre 0900.

No restrictions on vehicle numbers, but no stopping once the fun begins, except for personal recon or to watch the roll overs going up/down Landie & MX. Possibility rating for vehicle damage/carnage = moderate to high, so plan an overnight stay, you might need it.

Post up if you dare.

CRBJK

Hmmmm, chance of carnage moderate to high.... I'm out this time around Sounds like an interesting run though and always looking for something new so get plenty of pics

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

Im interested but would need to be either the Sunday or Monday as heading to Watto Saturday.

Ben

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by CraigB View Post
    Expression of interest:

Suggested Mods: Stock vehicles ok for most of the run, but would not do 'Landie' or 'MX'.
    Otherwise, look for min 33's, 2"up. TC/locked a nice bonus.

CRBJK
    Are there alternative routes around Landie and MX?

Hoka. Say Monday 26th.
    To SteveF: Too long, no see. Get plenty pics here. If you want to ride shotgun with me, no problem - except for you, hahahahahahaha...
    To MOP44R: Looking at pics of your rig and through your other posts, you would like this little number.
    To Pura Vida: No problem not running up/down Landie and or MX. These are simply optional off-shoots from the main run. Both areas leading to them are no problem in a pure stock JK.

Note: Most of the way the track is soft-underbelly, ('soft' not mean 'easy'). There are a couple of spots with rockier terrain underneath, like a few minimal step-downs etc. Water along the way not deep enough to drown any truck and easily negotiated around. Creek was still dry-bed, but in wet, not deep to deter. Only sections not recommended for stock vehicles are Landie and MX. So, if anyone wants to park up and come for a burl up or daown either, I will have room in my JK - observe comment for SteveF above - that could be you Paleface!!!!

Pila ta Cante Wasteya
    CRBJK

Visitor

I've already got plans for ANZAC weekend but would potentially be interested on another weekend.

Visitor

Count me in, Youth.

Visitor

ok im jumping ship on to this one, no more wattos so what day

Visitor

So is this trip still a go for Monday..?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Craig

Count me in as 99% sure for monday the 26th. I will all you if I need to Pull out for any reason.

Mani