Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4x4 Masters at Eastern Creek

Got there just after Vinnie's roll over and after he got his colour back in his face. He and Andrew kept going through the rounds with x1 time-out for Vinnie( or was it when his R rear shockie broke in half ) on one track with AJ powering through but he scored a bent draglink arm on the last couple of obstacles on the last course. Do not know the final points score for the day but the guy's, along with their co-drivers/pit crew did well. Well done guy's once again............................................. ..
    P.S. Drift Dave made a few vidoes of the guy's on the courses. Coming soon!!.......................
    Last edited by stevet; 27-06-10 at 05:49 PM.
    JC Member# 094

Dropped in as well for a look, it was a bit quiet while I was there but still great to see the Jeeps out there competing and seemingly doing well

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

The Videos are coming guys, I shot them in High Def so it will take awhile.
    It will be a link to youtube, as they can handle the file size.

Cheers
    Dave

thanks for the support

was a great day for us, have to say there was some awsome driving by both aj and vinnie, BRING ON THE NEXT ROUND!!!

Well what can I say but what a HUGE day

I had an absolute blast all day long and can't wait for the next round.

BIG thanks to the event organisers as the day was really well organised and seemed to run very efficiently. Hardly no down time at all unless we needed it, which after Vinnies roll we definately needed to regather but they were more than happy to accomodate and actually made a point of making sure we didn't head back out untill a medic had given him a once over. BUt when we were ready to hit it again we were straight back into it.

The courses were great fun, scary as hell when you first look at them but driveable with some thought and luck definately played a part as to which direction the logs or tractor tyres would throw you off. Team work was a BIG part to completing the courses on time too.

A big Cheers goes to all the OZkrawlers for putting in the effort to get us there, from helping out with the track building days, to marshall training days and ofcourse on the big day, where we had Azza and Dev as our roaming track marshalls, Rey our Team Manager who kept us at the right place at the right time all day long and ofcourse club prez Joe, who was just showing his jeep off all day down the front as a recovery marshall.

Also thanks to all the fellow jeepers from the Sydney Jeep Club who came out to cheer us on, show your support and lend us the use of the shade cover for our pit area.

BIG congrats to Vince and Navi who never gave up after an initiation of fire into the comp scene. But judging from how well he was driving after the roll I think I agree with aaron and say that it definately made him more determined to show us how well he can actually drive when he's right side up

As always my Navi Ethan (Resident E) was like a mountain goat all over the tracks making sure I was alwayz pointing in the right direction, as i'm pretty sure atleast 80% of the time I was either looking straight down into a deep hole or stareing up into the sky.

As far as the heep goes, It held up very very well considering when I got there yesterday morning I was pretty sure the first hole on the track was gonna eat the Jeep whole. It lasted the first 5 tracks without any breakages at all, But as aaron mentioned above the last track of the day was where all the action happened. I have only just finished cleaning the mud off the heep and had a quick look underneath at the expected damage :evil:

Looks like tie-rod end, draglink, Upper control arm on the front and who knows what else I'll find tommorrow as it was getting dark so I came inside, but all in all definately worth it, especially as I had already lined up a car trailer for the trip home so that was one less thing to worry about.
    I have video footage of most of our efforts including vince's roll and me hitting the concrete ramp but will have to wait until next week when we get our new computer to edit and upload it as this computer i'm using at the mo is a dinosaur and crashes as soon as I connect the camera :roll:

There are some pics here from one of the photographers there on the day:

http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/a...%2027-06-2010/

AWERSOME event, i had a great day out, so much you could say i was "rolling" in it

big thanks to everyone that helped out, all the boys from Oz Krawlers, both navi's, the 4x4 masters crew and my team mate AJ who drove great all day.

the roll over was scary at the time especially when i got out to see it wedged against the tree and metal poles bent/jammed underneath it but now i look back at it and think it wasnt that bad!! First comp, rolled it frist thing in the morning, completed the rest of the day and drove it home. would i do it again HELL YEAH!!!!! the comp that is

the jeep is back in the workshop now where my dad's going to straighten a few things out so i can get out there and do it all again.

just saw the results on the masters website, 5th out of 12 pretty happy with that!!!

Cheers
    Vinnie

Well it's taken me awhile but it's definately worth the wait. Here is the video of our Mate Vinnie during his second ever track in his first ever competition. I'll get the full video up soon when I can figure out how to upload bigger files without it taking days :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kmpfWTx5sM

hey jeepers, just signed in. It was good to see the jeeps out there they do very well around our courses, when they are on there wheels. We have round 5 coming up on the 23rd of october with the finals after under lights. Every team is eligible for the prize money on the day so it is there to be won. If you guys where thinking of entering a team feel free to give me a call anytime, check out the rules on the website, www.4x4masters.com.au , we have just dropped the engineering rule also to make it easier to compete, all other rules still apply.

So get a team together and show us what you got.

cheers Mark 0409 744359