Thread: Hunty's TJ 2000

Smile Hunty's TJ 2000

this is a pic of my trusty steed 2000TJ - I drove this around Australia on the coast 17,000kms 2 and a bit weeks - ultimate insanity - my Jeep is and was awesome (or thats how I remember it!) - I remember driving it through the NT with the camper trailer in tow at nearly 200kph - that was before the implementation of speed limits - I drove it around the coast of OZ as part of an expedition survey - The result was 4 of my friends Jet skiing around OZ (a few Guiness book records were set also) to raise money for Cancer care - I see the documentary I made on National Geographic from time to time - great fun days!!!!!! - I can't get the expedition bug out of me - I would do it all again in a heart beat!
    cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

Awesome! Guess that proves a TJ can be a good touring vehicle

Hi scott
    It was an awesome vehicle - I rigged up a flying doctor radio and sat phone, loaded 6 spare tyres 5 jerry cans of fuel and 4x20 litre water bottles!
    I completely removed the interior and the roof - I drove it from sunrise to midnight, some days covering 1500 - 1800 km - I drove over 1000km in flooded WA with water lapping over the bonnet! - I hit an emu and completely folded over the front end! - I pulled out 2 nissan patrols and 1 old cruiser up in the gulf near burketown - they were to heavy to be able to get through the boggy sand! - lastly I got it tangled in the original telegraph wire running between SA and WA - all in all some of my best Jeep memories - cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

The S.A.N. front lawn, This would explain why I've seen the JK there in recent weeks.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!