Thread: 15-17 Oct 2010 - Combined Clubs Camping and 4wd Weekend

Default 15-17 Oct 2010 - Combined Clubs Camping and 4wd Weekend

Combined Clubs Camping and 4wd Weekend

Rydal Showground 15-17th October 2010

The NSW-ACT 4wd Association Delegates of the Greater Sydney Region are hosting a combined weekend away for Sydney based clubs, with a variety of 4wd trips being offered on the Saturday.
    Event Details

· 15-17th October 2010
    · Rydal Showground, Rydal
    · Cost is $20 per car (donation to Diabetes Australia)
    · Camping available at the Showground

Ask Heidi or Brian for more details
    Last edited by Heidi; 03-09-10 at 10:47 AM.

Hi Heidi
    I am a tentative yes just need to check dates with rosters.

Mani

This weekend camping trip received some discussion at last night's meeting, and I just wanted to bump this back into view, as it sounds like it is attracting interest from SJC. It was mentioned that some of the Jenolan Cave tracks (from the SJC Caves to Caves Trip) would be covered as one option for people. Various degrees of difficulty and perhaps Heidi and Brian can give us abit more detail now. I think there was at least two from my table that wanted to go. So add me to the list.

There are flushing toilets and showers available.
    There is also accommodation at the local pub if you prefer, or Lithgow is not that far away.
    We will be there from Friday night.
    Saturday morning there will be a range of trips of various difficulties heading off which are being run by different clubs (any one can join the trip though) - it is a good way to learn about a new area. (Sunny Corner, Mt Walker, Ophir/Hillend, 6 foot track and probably a few other destinations as well)
    Brian will run the 6 foot track trip again and will end up in the old Jenolan state forrest (now part of Kanga Boyd national park) It would be suitable for all cars as we had an outback with us last year - there are diversions around the really hard stuff
    Saturday night there will be a Trivia night being run by the Dust and Dirt 4wd Club (ZJTOO is a member) so bring some extra money along for bribes etc
    All money raised will be donated Diabetes Australia.

Bump....................
    JC Member# 094

Thanks Steve!

We had a great time on this trip last year and where speaking to some other clubs that also attended last year and they also had a great time.

The trip to Ohpir/hillend won't be run though as the trip leader for that one is ill (plus a landslide has made the bridal track impassabile)

Brian's trip to the cox river will be a good trip, and of course there is Sunny Corner and Mt Walker happening as well. Brian could probably also be convinced to do a trip on the Sunday around Marrangaroo National Park (Lisdale/Lake Lyell/Mt Walker) as I have a national parks meeting all day. Has to be a late start though as he needs to be attend the 1st hour of the national parks meeting.

I am going up on friday afternoon camping all weekend

We are going up on the Friday as well can't wait have not been camping for ages. Brian and I are going to have camp oven roast for dinner on Saturday night.

Heidi,
    Can you include James Mac. for the weekend.......... No computer presently............ PM sent for James.....
    Thank's,
    Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094