View Poll Results: Are you likely to come to Cape York and when would you prefer

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • During NSW School Holidays July 2011

5 31.25%
  • Outside of School Holidays (June 2011 possibly)

7 43.75%
  • Dont care just want to go

4 25.00%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CAPE YORK TRIP - Winter 2011

That could be a bit tricky. As Glen mentioned QLD mid year hols start a week before NSW (so last week of June), which would mean starting your trip in early to mid June - and it may be still damp with no time for roads to be fixed yet... Unless you mean head up before the Sept/Oct holidays. Definately dry by then. I went up as a passenger in Oct 2008, and the roads were so good you could have done the trip in a Commodore. Although at that time of year it was pretty (and I use the term loosely) hot and humid!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 15-08-10 at 01:07 PM.

Fair enough Steve, there are benefits of going earlier as you point out (and graded roads are so much nicer than corrugations) but you would probably need to be off the Cape roads before (or just as) the QLD School Holidays start, or at least coming back as all the traffic was heading up, which means finishing up at the top end by the 25th of June there-abouts. So it would be a fairly early June departure to avoid Qld school hols (or even late may depending on the time that the group would want to dedicate to lay days, sightseeing, pre-Cape servicing, etc.

For some people the NSW School holidays, and maybe a week either side, maybe the only time they could do it due to working in education, or having school age children coming along. So we may have to accept that two smaller (in numbers) trips are feasible rather than one grand SJC caravan of courage.

I'm happy to go whenever though and will go with the flow, I guess in the end timing comes down to who actually goes

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Steve is there a function on the Forum that allows us to actually conduct a poll to start getting an handle on numbers interested?

By my count you are up to 11 possible vehicles already;
    GlenD, SteveF, Hunno, Mani, DaveG, Rupicon, Ivan, Tonysrich, SteveC and I know EddyG wants to go. Plus Easy-Rider who asked about freight? Then if there is James as well it is a big group so far! Lookin good.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by glend View Post
    Steve is there a function on the Forum that allows us to actually conduct a poll to start getting an handle on numbers interested?
    I've added a poll to the beginning of this thread, three very generic questions but it will give you an idea on total numbers and the split if it's decided on two smaller groups.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 15-08-10 at 02:06 PM.

WOW! What a great thing. I'm on (Although I think it does need more than 'just' the 2 week July hols... see Post #29 Page 3)

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 24-08-10 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    WOW! What a great thing. I'm on (Although I think it does need more than 'just' the 2 week July hols...)

Dave
    Yep it'll need more but it gives a very general preference Also if you click on the number of votes for each option it will tell you who they are so easy to get names to go with the numbers.

Cheers
    Steve

Now I know why the bottom of your posts say WebMaster, O Master of the Web.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 15-08-10 at 02:19 PM.

i'm interested too. i'd prefer to go outside school holidays
    stefan