Thread: Just wondering...

Red face Just wondering...

Hi there!

Just thought about sending a quick thread out there seeing what comments I get.

I am thinking about buying a JK Wrangler with Renegade Pack 2007 - have been reading few comments on the caradvice web site and there seems to be some issues with these cars - things like stalling, oil use, gearboxes, spare parts supply, engine rebuilts, etc - can anyone please let me know their experience with your Jeep Wrangler? Someone on that site also said 'Buying Jeep’s cars is like Russian Roullette.. Either you get a Lemon… or a Car…' - thoughtful but would really appreciate your comments on this - if going ahead I will be seeing you on August 4th.

Thanks,
    Soon to be 'newjeeper'

Hi Mate

I have a 2008 JK and have no problems with it what so ever. Come to the meeting on the 4th and do not give up before that.

Mani

I have a 2007 petrol 6 speed manual JK wrangler Rubicon and have not had any problems with it. Being the Rubi I have the advantage of electronic disconect on the sway bar, and electronic lockers on the front and rear diffs.

Bear

Visitor

I have an 08 JK Diesel and have really put it through its passes and no worries at all.

But I wouldn't recommend buying any car without some sort of mechanical inspection, that way you know its good and then if there is an issue its down to driver not vehicle but all in all if you treat the Jeep well (regular servicing, maintenance, etc) it should give you untroubled driving pleasure.
    Those guys on that other site you are talking about, are probably Nissan and Toyota drivers and there just jealous there trucks cant do what a Jeep can do, topless...

Cheers

Ben

Thumbs up

Thanks for your comments guys - I have bought it and have to agree on all you have said - love Jeeps now!

Quote Originally Posted by newjeeper View Post
    Thanks for your comments guys - I have bought it and have to agree on all you have said - love Jeeps now!
    Now you understand.

Hope to see you at a meeting .. next one October 6
    Maggie