Thread: JK Bolts

Default JK Bolts

Hi all just thought i would post this up for all the JK wrangler drivers amongst us
    I was on JK Owners forum and came accross a post regarding bolts coming loose in some ones JK at the top of the windscreen
    So i checked mine NOT HAPPY i have found 2 loose bolts and wheni say loose i mean almost falling out they have worked loose
    Now these are the bolts going into the top of the roll cage so please all JK drivers check yours

;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 16-09-10 at 10:45 AM. Reason: bloody Iphone keeps hanging up and posted half the message

Hey Marcus

Long time no see. Thanks for tge heads up, i think this might be the reason behind the creaking noise recently developed in my jeep. Hows ur new job going. What about manufacturing some reasonably priced tube doors for wranglers. If u start that line please book my order in advance.

Mani

Visitor

Hi where are the bolts and are they easy to get too

thanks Rob (of Rob&Tanya)

Hi Rob

If u remove your sun visor you should be able to see two bolts next to the screw holes for the visor. third bolt is on the A pillar and should be clearly visible thru the hole in the plastic cladding.

Cheers
    Mani

Visitor

Had one of mine work loose when we were away in the Snowy Mountains last Xmas. Damn rattling was driving me nuts until I found where it was coming from. It was the top bolt on the side of the windscreen and it had worked itself quite a long way out. Added that to list of things to check every now and then.