Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP? New JK Unlimited Sport or 07/08 Rubicon Unlimited

Default HELP? New JK Unlimited Sport or 07/08 Rubicon Unlimited

Hi All..This will be my first Jeeep...And I will definately be joining the SJC..But I need your help and wealth of knowledge. Initially I would only see us doing dunes and fire trails (need to warm the GF to 4x4 adventures) So the question is; Do I get an 07/08 Rubicon unlimited with 40,000km that has already has 3" lift, 33" tyres,snorkel,dual battery, and Front bar with winch for $35k-$37k (only used for touring..Apparently). Or a Brand new 2010 unlimited Sport for $37k Drive away with sidesteps,Speaker upgrade,Hardtop & 3yr warranty, and add to it over time? I'd defintatly get a new front bar straight away, then look at ARB air lockers, lift. tyres etc as we progress? Many Thanks..

Half the fun is in the building it up the way you want it. I'd go with the new one as you will not be having to deal with whatever abuse the second hand one has endured, and you'll have a warranty.

Visitor

Yer but your looking at about $10K worth of kit on the 07 so if you know you cant spend that extra I would be going the 07.

I would certainly recommend getting some sort of inspection down first as that could answer this question for you straight away

Are you looking at a 2 door or 4 door as one of our members has a JK auto diesel two door for sale ... check out our For Sale Section

I'd buy the 07...

...and if you were here about 3 weeks ago I could have sold you mine :P

Looks Like the GF wants a new one rather than 2nd hand...test drove a petrol manual & Auto..Auto feels a little down on power...Think i'd be fine to add ARB airlockers and disconnect swaybars ($4k fitted)..Better than ORG pack I've heard? So really I think it now comes down to petrol or diesel..Is the diesel worth $5k over petrol?
    Manual Petrol 4dr: $37k DA, Manual Diesel 4dr: $42K DA, or Rubicon 4d $46500k DA...Pretty Sure I caold turn the Manaul sport petrol into a beast for the $10k diff to Runicon?
    Last edited by Dazed&Confused; 12-10-10 at 12:31 AM.

The advantage with the Rubicon is you get the 4:1 transfercase and the Dana 44 front diff. I doubt you'd replace both of those within the $10000 difference in price and both are a real bonus if you plan on bigger tyres

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

get the 07 rubicon.

its a rubicon. 'nuff said.

Looks like i need to keep the little lady happy..So we'll be going for a 2011 Rubicon in manual...I know silver is probably the smart colour, but is it a Big mistake to get black..considering I can take the doors off if im going way off road? Black just looks soo much nicer..

There are heaps of Black ones around. The Jambo Show and Shine was loaded with Black ones. It maybe my imagination but black seems to attrack the police better, and it really shows up the bush scratches (seems to have a pale undercoat). With the silver, or any metallic colour, you have a good thick clear coat over the base metallic which can mean being able to puff out the bush pin stripes. Maybe they clearcoat the solid colours as well.