Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP? New JK Unlimited Sport or 07/08 Rubicon Unlimited

Visitor

Always bet on black!! I got black, but only because there were no blue ones left! Black will show the scratches more, but there is no hiding that no matter what colour you get, there will be scratches.

Hi
    Ive got a black one - sure it looks good! (according to my wife - its her favourite colour) LoL
    It does take a lot of cleaning!
    I take the doors off to go wheelin - still got way to many annoying scratches for my liking - if you like your welcome to come along to the next Club Meeting and take a closer look
    cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

Steel Blue is another great colour as you get the darker colour at night and the blue in the day
    Attached Images Attached Images

Visitor

I like black every time I wash my jeep it shows, black is the only way to go

New is always new and peace of mind .Mate got a black one its the worst mistake he made thats what he told me .They look good but hard to clean .I think silver is the best but i got maroon 4dr not bad easy to mantain wanted a jeep green but wife.........

If scared of scratches try white. Never shows any scratches.

Default 2" Lift 2011 JK

I understand the Rubicon comes with better shocks than the Sport..So if I want to lift it only 2" for waranty purposes..Does something like the TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost & Shock Adapter kit make sense..or do you really need to go a kit with new springs, shocks & adjustable panhard? Dealers seem to only offer Old man emu and mopar kits..Is one better than the other? As always your suggestions are appreciated..

Also..
    Thanks for all the comments guys...The Sahara Tan also looks kina nice/different..not sure how it would look with the black guards and roof tho..I've only seen sahara model with colour coded bits on the web.
    .The Rubi also comes with 32" tyres, is it worth $450.tyre from dealer to go to 33" or should I wear out the stockies first?As always your suggestions are appreciated

Hi Mate

Just had a look at sahara tan looks good and probably will hide scratches and dirt bettrer than any other colour. Regarding lift I paid $1200 for 4 taller springs and bigger shocks (including labor) from TJM and my only regret was why didnt I do it sooner. I didnt go adjustable panhards as there was no need for it. Budget Boost will set u back about $300 - 450 but it is well worth the extra money for the springs and shocks. The axle sits about 10mm off center but that is well within expectation. Factory tyre are either 255/70/R17 = 32" or 245/75/R17 = 31.5 inch. 245s look skinny and really vulnerable to me. I had 255s for about 30,000 Ks before I put on a set of second hand 285/70/R17 Cooper STTs, and the difference is noticeable off road. Only exception was in sand where stockies performed heaps better. If u can afford go 285/70/R17 as soon as u can and sell the stockies on Ebay, SJC or AJOR forums.

So a Rubi with 2 inch spring lift and 285/70/R17 muddies or agressive ATs like Mickey Thompson 4 Rib ATs and a bit of common sense will be a great off road weapon which can take on most of Australian terrain with the exception of some tracks which require some suicidal tendencies and a lot of money to burn on lifting the Jeep 4-6 inches 35-40 inch tyres, regearing and the list goes on.
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 17-10-10 at 12:28 PM.

The Rubicon also comes with standard rock/side rails........... Side steps will get trashed sooner than later so save your money there to start with, unlimited factory sidesteps bend easier than the short wheel base JK's ones........... The Rubicon comes better set up from ground up so after getting to know what it can do and by then knowing hopefully what you want to do with it eg, mostly touring, rough tracks, a bit off rock crawling or whatever, then worry about what lift to put in to suit what you need and again save some dosh by not upgrading with a second lift. Lifted or not, you will be snatched out of some situations oneday along the line............
    Tyres? -- Wear out the stock ones, until you can get some decent off-road tyres. You can pick up some good deals on used tyres here and there from members upgrading theirs or from other forums (Ausjeepoffroad) etc, or buy elsewhere new and sell your new stock tyres to offset some costs ( was the dealer going to give you the standard tyres if you upgraded, proberly not!!)..........You will get a better deal on any tyre from most tyre dealers and they will give the new old ones to you if you want them. You could proberly get a set of steel wheels as well with the money you could save.by advoiding dealer deals/costs...
    Go M/T's for off-road. They are no noiser than A/T's on road if you look after them by regular rotation to reduce feathering to the M/T reducing/preventing tyre roar....
    Mickey Thompson's or Procomp's are real good with Maxxis M/T's a good budget tyre as stated by several club members tyre choices.
    Colour?? whatever YOU want if available. Everyone's choice will vary. There are pro's & con's for all colours but they ALL will show up the odd "love line" over time---- unavoidable if you go off-road......
    P.S. For non-Rubicon unlimited owners out there, yes I would own one if I could.... Any "Jeep" fairies out there??, and yes, I still believe in Santa as well..................
    Welcome to the Jeeping world Dazed&Confused..............
    Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094